Double Down at QB | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Double Down at QB

You already have a young QB on the roster in Rosen who surely brings more value than some late round flyer.

Some late round flyers turn into Russel Wilson or Dak Prescott. I think the only thing I will say for Rosen is that he has never had a decent line at the pro level. We all saw how much better Ryan Tannehill did with a better oline this year. That said, Rosen is no Tannehill.

That’s the move.

I bet we do.

best move ever

there’s trade value in the future...esp when a QB goes down in a playoff run...

Miami's greatest need is qb. Tua's potential is off the charts, but there is a risk with him. Miami could and should draft another qb. The question is when? What are you thoughts as they move up and down the draft picking up picks?

I'm confident there will be no "double down" on QB, but won't stake my life on it. Particularly, no QB before R4. Whether people like it or not, agree or not, as things stand now, it's RF and Rosen. I'm interested though if any team has ever taken a R1 QB and followed that with a R2 or R3 QB.

Tua's potential is indeed 'off the charts'.....

if he were to play...

one more year of QB in college with Saban & the same team that played in 2019.

QB in the pros is not the same as QB in college.

Many of those sensational highlight reel plays that COLLEGE qbz make...

are plays that simply do not show up in the NFL.

Not to mention that he had THREE top 20 projected WRs making sensation plays on those passes and one of the best O-lines protecting him

and one of the best college coaches in history.

Rosen is still a very young man, I'm not one to put all my eggs in one basket

but I'm also a student of the game not a game T-shirt wearing super fan.

I don't see Tua's college play as proof of future success in the NFL game.

He is undersized and not only injury prone, but he now has a hip injury that ends the career of most athletes.

I would not risk tens of million dollars, and the future of an NFL team on Tua.

Rosen is a much better QB than RT was. They should play the Draft to WIN, not to make major risks.

They need many positions

I'm confident there will be no "double down" on QB, but won't stake my life on it. Particularly, no QB before R4. Whether people like it or not, agree or not, as things stand now, it's RF and Rosen. I'm interested though if any team has ever taken a R1 QB and followed that with a R2 or R3 QB.
Redskins with Cousins and RG3

I disagree with you. Next year this team will be ready to compete in the AFC, assuming these picks and FA pick ups are who we think they are. That is when you get "over the top" free agents and picks. This year is all about filling holes and getting depth.
So who is the backup to X when he is injured? What safety? Where's the dominant DE to pair with Lawson? Who is the counterpunch to Howard who has had his numbers declining since his rookie year? Who is the other G? Who is the RT and LT? Draft is also loaded with WR's, we don't want another of those? We have ample backups for this season at QB.

Back
Top Bottom