Double Down at QB | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Double Down at QB

How I would see it as far as how I see it on potential, chance of getting, and quality of picking....

1. Herbert w/ pick 5: Though some hate taking him, and others wary of taking him, his potential could be off the charts with the right coaching (I believe we have that right coaching), and staying at 5 might get us him without worrying to maybe have to trade up...If you need to trade up because Tua and Herbert are gone, it should not be as expensive as for the top 2.

2. Tua @ 5: The QB with the highest floor, a floor higher probably then any QB coming out this years ceiling other then Burrow, yet at equal health, Tua is a better QB. If not for his injury problem, Tua is the top QB in this years draft, but because of his injuries, Tua becomes the highest Reward/Fail QB out there...you gamble if you take him, but if he stays healthy, you just hit on a grandslam pick. If you have to trade up for him though, , then it's not worth it, unless it's for less then market price.

3. Burrow with a top 4 pick: Miami trading to #1 will be insanely expensive, unless the Bengals in a trade package except X as part of the deal. If the Bengals end up drafting someone other the Burrow, the price might come down for each draft position he's not taken before 5, but it might still be far too expensive. If Miami is able to make a deal that does not destroy their draft capital, Burrow's like hitting a goldmine, though not as good as a healthy Tua, he's still not very far behind, with better feel for the pass-rush, and most importantly healthy.

4. Love@ 10 or beyond: There are quite a few that think Love is better then Herbert, though Herbert had a better season. Looked better in the senior bowl, and looked better at the Combines. The tools are there, physically and more (He looks the part), but mentally there are many that believe he may not be ready. I liked Love a lot going into this season, to the point I thought if we can't take Tua, Love, Herbert, or Fromm (In that order) would be almost as good, but this year he was an INT machine, and has scared me quite a bit. The talent is there, and I think the coaching if they take him, might get him cleaned up, but still don't think he's on the level of the first 3 QBs.

Last edited:
Tua and Hurts were a good combination in college, each relieving the other to pull out a big win so what the hell, why not.

If we need to double or triple down on anything, its OL. Preferrably OT.

People keep forgetting we have a 22 year old QB who was a 1st round pick, making i think 2 million a year, on our roster.

Garbage or not, backups dont need to be elite. Rosen is the perfect backup. Young, cheap, has potential just doesnt use it.

If we ditch Rosen you know darn well hes going to the Pats. We better get a pick for him. Ill even take a 4th.

I actually like this idea. Especially if we draft Tua. Only 2 guys I would want would be Hurts or Love. My logic behind these 2 is that they both offer the best upside in terms of developmental prospects. I doubt Love falls out of rd1 but if somehow he did and he was high on our QB board I’d take the flier. Hurts I think offers great leadership, he’s shown consistent improvement and development. You can use him as a wildcat QB in sub packages right away. And find creative ways to get him involved while developing him. Only way I’m doing this is if I can get Value for Josh Rosen which is highly unlikely. By value I’d need to get back at least a 4th round pick to feel good about taking a 2nd QB early. Otherwise I’m rolling with Fitz, Rookie and Rosen which is still a pretty full QB room that will make for a fun competition. Rosen has been bad but he still has tools and has never had any real talent around him yet. Still a minuscule chance he rises to a quality back up QB

Back
Top Bottom