Dowell Loggains is new OC | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dowell Loggains is new OC

Darlington just said that this was a long time coming, and that Christensen and Gase didn't have the best communication between each other.

Also stated Clyde has been offered a new position but not necessarily as an offensive assistant
Curious where he lands...

Seems to me more like loggains will be the offensive consultant that Gase wanted

Jeff Darlington
@JeffDarlington

·
25m

A thread of context into Adam Gase’s hiring of Dowell Loggains as Dolphins’ new OC: First of all, people close to both coaches have long known their renewed partnership was a long time coming. They are close friends and kindred football minds.

Jeff Darlington
@JeffDarlington

·
25m

Yes, you’ll hear plenty about how Dowell Loggains is one of the brighter offensive minds in NFL. This is true -- even with 2017 Bears in mind. But there’s a more important reason this hire is important: Rapport with Gase. Few people understand Gase's complex personality better.

Jeff Darlington
@JeffDarlington

It probably sounds a little hokey or unimportant, but Loggains knows how and when to communicate with Gase, which is actually going to be a key to the team's future. It's something that didn't exist, I'm told, with Clyde Christensen

I don’t know what to think. He has never had adequate talent to evaluate him fairly, but his offenses were really bad the last 2 years averaging 15 and 17 points. He does know Gase’s system so the teaching should improve. Gase trusts him, and wanted him 2 years ago. Our team still severely lacks a proven coach who can mentor Gase on the job. Do you think McVay is so successful with out Wade Phillips?

Jake Locker on the Titans.

He did good work with Jake Locker. Locker, a guy who had bust written all over him, improved steadily his first three years under Loggains and actually had a winning record as a starter in 2013. Then he got hurt again. Then "QB Guru" Ken Whisenhunt took over the Titans, the team turned into a hot dumpster fire, Locker regressed badly, got hurt, and retired.

People will have their opinions about the job he did with Locker, but IMO, somebody was doing something right with that kid before Whisenhunt went in there and blew everything up.

I don’t know what to think. He has never had adequate talent to evaluate him fairly, but his offenses were really bad the last 2 years averaging 15 and 17 points. He does know Gase’s system so the teaching should improve. Gase trusts him, and wanted him 2 years ago. Our team still severely lacks a proven coach who can mentor Gase on the job. Do you think McVay is so successful with out Wade Phillips?

I’m in for hiring an experienced DC, but again it’s who Gase is connected to etc and you have to convince that proven DC to hitch himself to Gase as well. It’s a two way street.

Would love to make a "Loggains and MESSina" joke right now ...lol (for the old timers on the board)...but I can't decide between Your mama don't dance or Angry Eyes or Same old Wine...lol

just kidding...bad joke I know...

I don't know much about the guy but if it helps with our team I'm all in...there's always Dannys Song though...are you there Danny? lol

Hopefully the "holding players accountable" part will ring true...surrounding yourself with people that are on your side isn't a bad thing and if the relationship piece is already there then that's a big part of the battle in the big picture

For the people that think this is good hire:

Chicago, under Loggains, was 29th in scoring at 16.5 points per game this season, 30th in total offense (287.4 yards per game), 16th in rushing (111.8 yards per game), last in passing (175.7 yards per game) and 26th in third-down conversions (34.6 percent).
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-loggains-20180103-story.html

He is coming into a situation where our offense is even worse than Chicago's was and you think he is going to change things? Good luck with that.:wall

And that's going to be his downfall and his ticket out of here

You are right my man. Micromanagers think they can manage themselves and others to success. They can’t. Great leaders empower others rather than keeping all the power themselves. If he had hired an actual OC to call plays vs a figurehead then I would say hes grown as a leader. He hasn’t. Gase knows he has next year to make the playoffs or he’s another in the long line of failed Ross coaches. I hope he does it but as a person who studies this stuff I wouldn’t bet on it.

Back
Top Bottom