Dowell Loggains is new OC | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dowell Loggains is new OC

Would love to make a "Loggains and MESSina" joke right now ...lol (for the old timers on the board)...but I can't decide between Your mama don't dance or Angry Eyes or Same old Wine...lol

just kidding...bad joke I know...

I don't know much about the guy but if it helps with our team I'm all in...there's always Dannys Song though...are you there Danny? lol

Hopefully the "holding players accountable" part will ring true...surrounding yourself with people that are on your side isn't a bad thing and if the relationship piece is already there then that's a big part of the battle in the big picture

Vahevala!

This was a concern when Gase was hired, remember? How many connections does the young coach have around the league to build a good staff.?

Don't know why that would be a concern, there are plenty of examples of other young coaches hiring good experienced coordinators.

Solid coach, but im very surprised he is OC.

Don't know why that would be a concern, there are plenty of examples of other young coaches hiring good experienced coordinators.

Was talked about when he was hired and here we are, but again I think it goes more back to relationships.

For the people that think this is good hire:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-loggains-20180103-story.html

He is coming into a situation where our offense is even worse than Chicago's was and you think he is going to change things? Good luck with that.:wall

John Fox: "Listen, I just lost my starting quarterback and our most accomplished receiver is Kendall Wright. I'd like a veteran QB if you want me to win some games here."

Ryan Pace: "OK, I just gave Mike Glennon 15 million dollars."

John Fox: "...."

Ryan Pace: "Well, if you start Mitch Trubisky and let him get some game reps, we won't fire you mid-season."

I don't know if Loggains will help or hurt the Miami Dolphins, but that was the 2017 Bears right there. Like the Dolphins, their offense was doomed before the season even started. Unlike the Dolphins, they never even had a plan A at quarterback or wide receiver.

What’s the different role? Coffee maker? Already have a play caller HC so

Well, he can split the role with Chris

christenson has never really been an OC, in reality this is probably fairly literally not much more than a job title change

Maybe we need a guy who can have these guys stop the bs penalties. With Gase's nose in the playbook all game somebody needs to focus on the nuances of the game and see what most of us see each series. Hopefully this new dolt can at least instill something along those lines.

I expect our running game to be better in 2018. That's about it.

That's significant. A quarterback on Tannehill's level greatly benefits from a frequent and effective running game. Tannehill should be asked to throw maybe 500 times per 16 games, not the 590ish level of his 2nd through 4th year.

I liked Bill Lazor's schemes and especially the burst plays he created through clever spacing, but he was responsible for continuing that 590 range instead of sensibly lowering it.

Lazor was retained by the Bengals today, BTW. No big deal but I always get a kick out of the desperation to label someone the worst in the league or worst of all time. I love systems. That's the easiest system of all. Just say no. Let the Bar Stool adjusters have their offseason fun.

The news today makes my stomach turn less than when I heard that Sparano was bringing in Daboll (From Cleveland!) to run the offense. So when the media says Gase worked well with Loggains in that great year with Cutler, it does not bring confidence.

Since Loggains isn't calling plays, then why are people freaking out? The buck stops with Gase. If Gase thinks adding Loggains makes the offense run better, then why not add him?
Some just can't come on this forum unless they bring the negative attitude 24/7. Nothing ever pleases them with this team.

Back
Top Bottom