Dowwel Loggains Being Interviewed By Dolphins For Hc | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dowwel Loggains Being Interviewed By Dolphins For Hc

I can't help but wonder if this is Ross asking Grier who else he interviewed internally besides Rizzi to give off the impression they were doing a comprehensive search inward to fill their position. Corporations do this all the time. They look for the sexiest hire externally, then say much later (usually after they've already filled the position), "Okay, now let's make everyone think we interviewed internal candidates as well."

So why Loggains? Well honestly who else would they interview? Not Burke, and everyone else is too far down the totem pole.

I'm not taking this as anything more than that...for now.

The reactions to this news are hysterical. Y'all acting like the guy was just hired ad the head coach.
This place is pure comedy with stuff like this.

Sign a scrubby street free agent to play special teams: "Dolphins gonna Dolphin," "I can't believe we signed that d-bag!," "the Front Office has no clue - why didn't they sign a Guard (or insert X position)?"

These people can be hysterical at times.

Why would give a guy a solid when you know he's going to a division rival?

It's my understanding that that's how the league works.

You work hard, gain respect, form relationships.

At some point, if you have the opportunity to raise the profile of somebody you feel deserves it, you do it, so that it might help their career going forward.

And perhaps, one day, someone will do the same for you.

If Grier felt that a HC interview would raise Loggains' profile for the future, and he had that type of respect/relationship with him, that's why you bring him in for an interview.

If they are doing this to stall Gase from hiring Loggains, I think that's both a very petty move, and also kind of a stupid one.

The offense actually got worse after Loggains became the new OC. It seems like Gase and Loggains really didn't work very well together here. If Gase wants to hire him in New York, then we should be perfectly fine with that. The biggest danger for us with Adam Gase over the long haul is that he is forced to go outside of his Facebook friends list and actually hire people who will challenge him or make him think outside of his scheme.

It's my understanding that that's how the league works.

You work hard, gain respect, form relationships.

At some point, if you have the opportunity to raise the profile of somebody you feel deserves it, you do it, so that it might help their career going forward.

And perhaps, one day, someone will do the same for you.

If Grier felt that a HC interview would raise Loggains' profile for the future, and he had that type of respect/relationship with him, that's why you bring him in for an interview.
You may be right and it may be the case but the timing of this interview seems to suggest otherwise. If Loggains misses out on the Jets OC job because of this interview and then gets fired by the Dolphins, will you still feel the same way?

You may be right and it may be the case but the timing of this interview seems to suggest otherwise. If Loggains misses out on the Jets OC job because of this interview and then gets fired by the Dolphins, will you still feel the same way?
I don't even feel this way now.

Just throwing it out there as one possibility.

tumblr_inline_o2grtvDtYU1sftvdo_500.gif

Even as a Jets fan I’m looking forward to Gase facing the NY media. It’ll be like the after party from the game.

I expect a lot of melt downs if the L’s start piling up.

Back
Top Bottom