Draft a QB, Pick up a Castoff or possibly both? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft a QB, Pick up a Castoff or possibly both?

I think we should re-sign Fitz Depending On The Numbers and cap hit. If it's Team-Friendly, it's a no-brainer. Tua will grow this offseason and with some shiny new weapons and healthy older ones, Tua will rock the house and Fitz will be there to back him up if he gets dinged up.
If Fitz wants to go for more money somewhere else, for a new everything where he won't have that knowledge and quick-recall, and risk looking like crap again to finish his career, then 'See Ya'. I doubt that happens.
Back-up QB is a damn good paycheck, he's loved by the team there, and ....it's freakin Miami Florida! (fkn Paradise!) Shouldn't be a lot of arm-twisting going on here to bring Fitz back.

Looking at our QB situation moving forward, I am curious as to everyone's thoughts on the backup position. I am not for giving up on Tua so let's keep the focus on his back up. Should we resign Fitz or move on? The other options are really drafting a late round QB and coaching him up or we could look at picking up another teams cast off. Those options could be someone like Trubisky, Dalton, Beathard or possibly another backup from another team.
Definitely keep fitz if he is willing. He doesn't cause waves, a very good backup, team and most fans like him and can definitely win some games. We do need to draft a qb in the later rounds though. I felt Tua should have sat the year out, but he did gain some valuable reps. He did not look good but i believe with a true off season he will be better. Heck we gave Tanny 7 years. Willing to go with Tua another year

I doubt Flo wants a 2nd year starter and 2nd year backup
I think that with Minshew you're creating a legit 'QB Controversy' issue because Minshew is young enough to where he could start multiple years at QB if he comes into camp like gangbusters and wins the job. However, if that means Miami goes to the playoffs based on a solid roster around the starter, then so be it.
We want Tua to be 'Mr Right', but if 'Mr Right Now' is good enough to get you into the tournament and not suck in the big games, then it's a total 'name on the front, not the back' thing and winning is winning.

Looking at our QB situation moving forward, I am curious as to everyone's thoughts on the backup position. I am not for giving up on Tua so let's keep the focus on his back up. Should we resign Fitz or move on? The other options are really drafting a late round QB and coaching him up or we could look at picking up another teams cast off. Those options could be someone like Trubisky, Dalton, Beathard or possibly another backup from another team.

If he is interested, Fitz for one more year.

2021 should be a normal off-season (I hope), there will be camps through the off-season, many chances for Tua to get more experience, and grow, who better to be there to continue to help him along when the coaches are not around then Fitz. In pre-season he can continue to be there when Tua has a question, along with showing him when he's in there.

If Fitz is not coming back, then find a veteran that will not be expensive, and can take over a game or two if needed without being problematic...Either way, Miami needs to pickup a QB in the later rounds that can become the backup going forward.

I think that with Minshew you're creating a legit 'QB Controversy' issue because Minshew is young enough to where he could start multiple years at QB if he comes into camp like gangbusters and wins the job. However, if that means Miami goes to the playoffs based on a solid roster around the starter, then so be it.
We want Tua to be 'Mr Right', but if 'Mr Right Now' is good enough to get you into the tournament and not suck in the big games, then it's a total 'name on the front, not the back' thing and winning is winning.

I'm not worried about competition as much as experience/tutoring. Someone who's seen everything a number of times and knows how to read Ds and make adjustments. Fitz under another name.GM doesn't have that. Seldom does a team not have a long-term vet on the 53

No vet is going to be a mentor. Hire a competent QB coach.

Please keep Fitz the trick in Miami, just too valuable as a backup. No team is going to give him the starting job anyway, so why not ? Of course conditions must be team friendly

Back
Top Bottom