Draft a QB??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft a QB???

calmrage

Calmrage A.K.A. Jay Lawrence
Reaction score
After the hostility most Dolphin's fans showed Fiedler and the ignorance and impatience most Dolphin's fans have shown towards AJ's developement, some of you want us to draft a rookie QB? Are you guys nuts? Peyton Manning would have been riun out of town his rookie year in Miami!:fire:

Err.. I dont think we wouldve bashed Peyton if he was here in his rookie season. After all, he was a REAL rookie.

AJ is not a rookie. He was a 4th year guy last year who was brought in to win now- not to develop.

Youre mixing apples and oranges.

calmrage said:
After the hostility most Dolphin's fans showed Fiedler and the ignorance and impatience most Dolphin's fans have shown towards AJ's developement, some of you want us to draft a rookie QB? Are you guys nuts? Peyton Manning would have been riun out of town his rookie year in Miami!:fire:

Sigh....I can't speak for Dolphin nation but i think it's fair to say we were VERY patient with Fieldler. Five years...1 playoff appearance...all that with a back that avg. 1600plus yards for 2 years. AJ just trys to hard...i hope he's great but i want to draft a QB to ensure that if he isn't were ready for it. And just so that you know Manning has something that Fiedler/Feeley dont have and never will....dedication and football intelligence. AJ is tough and yea he's got an arm but that and 50 cents will get you a bag of chips. Fiedler might have went to Dartmouth but he was no NFL scholar. Manning would have been just fine here thank you. =P

merlin00069 said:
Sigh....I can't speak for Dolphin nation but i think it's fair to say we were VERY patient with Fieldler. Five years...1 playoff appearance...all that with a back that avg. 1600plus yards for 2 years. AJ just trys to hard...i hope he's great but i want to draft a QB to ensure that if he isn't were ready for it. And just so that you know Manning has something that Fiedler/Feeley dont have and never will....dedication and football intelligence. AJ is tough and yea he's got an arm but that and 50 cents will get you a bag of chips. Fiedler might have went to Dartmouth but he was no NFL scholar. Manning would have been just fine here thank you. =P

:lolcry: I rest my case! :lolcry:

merlin00069 said:

ANd you KNOW Feeley/Fiedler dont have football intelligence? They wouldnt be in the NFL if they didnt. Jay had a weak arm which killed him. AJ was put behind teh eight ball from the start. I do agree that we should have a contingency plan. I have said in recent posts that if Rogers is there we should draft him, not because I think AJ cant cut it, because I think now that height isnt an issue, Rogers will be special. What Peyton had that AJ and Jay didnt is the added something that all the greats have. It is an air about them, it isnt a quality that is measurable, it is an immeasurable intangible. I believe Rogers has it. I dont think Smith does.

rickeyrunsover said:
ANd you KNOW Feeley/Fiedler dont have football intelligence? They wouldnt be in the NFL if they didnt. Jay had a weak arm which killed him. AJ was put behind teh eight ball from the start. I do agree that we should have a contingency plan. I have said in recent posts that if Rogers is there we should draft him, not because I think AJ cant cut it, because I think now that height isnt an issue, Rogers will be special. What Peyton had that AJ and Jay didnt is the added something that all the greats have. It is an air about them, it isnt a quality that is measurable, it is an immeasurable intangible. I believe Rogers has it. I dont think Smith does.

How do i know?? Ok...i was hoping you might ask that. Aj..he panics. Period...i actually unlike other people saw him play in college because i watch more College football than anything and that is where his happy feet started. He didnt plsy due to some injury and due to lack of prowess that QB's have to have....he panics gets scared throws wayyy to many balls into coverage and doesnt have the dedication in the film room/weight room that the good QB's have. Fiedler just thought that he could make throws that he couldnt....if that doesnt translate into football stupidity i dont know what does. Wanna know a guy who knows his limits and doesnt do anything he cant? Tom Brady. Avg. arm and avg accuracy but the guys stays within himself which means what? Ding ding....he's a smart NFL QB. Manning is the best QB in the league not because he can throw a football 74 yards on a flick of his wrist like Favre or run like Vick. He's the best because he studies and has the dedication it takes to get better. That and the fact that he's pretty darn good. =)

merlin00069 said:
How do i know?? Ok...i was hoping you might ask that. Aj..he panics. Period...i actually unlike other people saw him play in college because i watch more College football than anything and that is where his happy feet started. He didnt plsy due to some injury and due to lack of prowess that QB's have to have....he panics gets scared throws wayyy to many balls into coverage and doesnt have the dedication in the film room/weight room that the good QB's have. Fiedler just thought that he could make throws that he couldnt....if that doesnt translate into football stupidity i dont know what does. Wanna know a guy who knows his limits and doesnt do anything he cant? Tom Brady. Avg. arm and avg accuracy but the guys stays within himself which means what? Ding ding....he's a smart NFL QB. Manning is the best QB in the league not because he can throw a football 74 yards on a flick of his wrist like Favre or run like Vick. He's the best because he studies and has the dedication it takes to get better. That and the fact that he's pretty darn good. =)

A little less BS would serve you well Merlin. I can smell a lie like a fart in a car and if you think anyone here believes you remember watching one of AJ's few college starts 6 years ago, you're nuts!

Back
Top Bottom