Draft a Tackle | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft a Tackle

calientecarlos

Scout Team
Reaction score
I know we have been taking a good look at Tom Ashworth to replace Mcinsuck but i say we go after Winston Justice from USC as our 16th pick.....i know hes a right tackle but switching to the left tackle position doesnt seem like it would very hard for him to do.....or what we do can is draft Justice but also sign ashworth at try to put vernon carey back at the guard position since Geno james is not that young anymore......thoughts?

calientecarlos said:
I know we have been taking a good look at Tom Ashworth to replace Mcinsuck but i say we go after Winston Justice from USC as our 16th pick.....i know hes a right tackle but switching to the left tackle position doesnt seem like it would very hard for him to do.....or what we do can is draft Justice but also sign ashworth at try to put vernon carey back at the guard position since Geno james is not that young anymore......thoughts?

Why? We already drafted Anthony Alabi last year.

Alabi is a project.....Justice is a garaunteed allstar in my opinion.....but look what happened to Vernon Carey....lol

Silverphin said:
Why? We already drafted Anthony Alabi last year.

You're completely fine with trusting a 5th rounder you didn't play a down last year?
How many left tackles (not counting Vernon Carey) are we carrying on the roster right now? Is it Alabi or nothing?

Pocoloco said:
You're completely fine with trusting a 5th rounder you didn't play a down last year?
How many left tackles (not counting Vernon Carey) are we carrying on the roster right now? Is it Alabi or nothing?

As a prospect Justice is lightyears ahead of Carey...

No one in this draft or any other is a Guranteed All star! We need lineman and Justice does fit the bill very nicely! He could play either RT or LT which our both needs since no one knows who is playing where. Justice would be great with the 16 pick! I just don't know if he will be there. I hope he is and i hope we get him. LT is a position on the Line we really need! Anyone else get tired of seeing our QB's get killed from there blind side?

calientecarlos said:
Moving from one side to the other is not as easy as some might think it is. From foot placement, foot work and just a downright comfort level. Few has made the switch successfully. Maybe Justice will be one of the ones who can. I think we should leave Carey at one position for more than one year to see how he does.

calientecarlos said:
Alabi is a project.....Justice is a garaunteed allstar in my opinion.....but look what happened to Vernon Carey....lol

I like Justice too, but I think "garaunteed allstar" is alot to to hope for. Id rather get Ashworth, and have a guy who has playing time in the NFL help ancor our line

I remember back in 1990 we picked Richmond Webb LT with the 9th pick in the 1st round, then with the 39th pick in the 2nd we picked Keith Sims OG. Both were probowlers and helped our team.
If we don't get a LT with FA's I'd love to get a LT and a OG in the first 3 rounds.

phinfan_1 said:
I remember back in 1990 we picked Richmond Webb LT with the 9th pick in the 1st round, then with the 39th pick in the 2nd we picked Keith Sims OG. Both were probowlers and helped our team.
If we don't get a LT with FA's I'd love to get a LT and a OG in the first 3 rounds.

This would be dreaming:cooldude:
Winston Justice in the 1st rd,
Max Jean-Gilles in he 2nd.

I'ld take it though.

Back
Top Bottom