Draft analyst Mike Mayock says Dolphins franchise is at 'a crossroads'

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by DKphin, Feb 26, 2018.

1. DKphin

DKphin FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-mayock-draft-20180226-story.html

2. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

It does feel like Miami is treading water and in need of a very successful draft.

The national media doesn't seem to think very highly of Ryan Tannehill. I've always felt the Dolphins could win with him if they could build the offensive line and get the running game going. I still believe that, but if the front office sees a better quarterback option there's no reason not to be bold. I could definitely see the team trading up for a quarterback. In a sense, I'd like them to jump the Jets for Baker Mayfield, who I am sold on.

Irishfinfan1 likes this.
  3. SaskFinFan

SaskFinFan Rookie Finheaven VIP

what i dont get is all the people that want to draft a QB in the first and we still the glaring issue is a crappy OLine that will get the next QB killed. Maybe take a look at what Tannehill did with that crappy OLine with desent coaching , 10-6 and the play offs. Some people got excited that a real (joke) QB in Culter would do in our offense. Please stop thinking of a QB in the first round until we get a competent OLine first.

4. Hoot

Hoot Keeper of the Old Code Finheaven VIP

I'm not keen on taking a QB in the 1st round of this draft, just because of our other needs. If we did....Allen would be my top choice.

5. AZStryker

AZStryker Pro Bowler

Not cool DK you fooled me into clicking on an Omar article. Does anyone have a link to the actual Mayock interview so we can hear what he actually said and not what Omar thought he said?

6. #1 Fan

#1 Fan Seasoned Veteran

A crossroads!