Draft Article: RGIII Take | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Article: RGIII Take

Hayden Fox

Is it Sunday yet?
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...ft-notebook-stanfords-big-pair-slotbound-duck

Ol' buddy Hugh Millen -- who played quarterback for 10 seasons in the NFL, co-hosts a sports-talk show for KJR in Seattle, and remains one of the most insightful NFL experts we know -- recently attended the Alamo Bowl shootout, was on the field for pregame activities, and able to eyeball Robert Griffin III up close and personal. The word from Millen, whom we trust just about implicitly, is that those with some doubts about the size of RG3 needn't worry. "I stood next to him and the guy is all of 6-2," Millen, who is 6-feet-5, told The Sports Xchange "I watched him in warmups without pads, and he's better built than people give him credit for. From a size standpoint, I really didn't feel there were any concerns." The Heisman Trophy winner is listed by Baylor at 6-feet-2, but there had been a few questions about how Griffin would measure up at the combine. According to Millen, such worries are misplaced. Of course, as of this writing, Griffin had yet to officially declare for the draft, but the matter is considered academic. Just by way of reminder, underclass prospects have until Sunday to submit their names for the draft, and until Jan. 18 to withdraw from the NFL lottery.

RGIII's measurements at the combine will be a lead story of Indy.

Article also mentions what we have here in that Weeden really benefits from Barkley and Jones staying in school

Back
Top Bottom