Draft Busts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Busts

Mike13

I am a golden god
Reaction score
IMO the dolphins biggest draft busts were Jamar Fletcher and Vernon Carey. thats the first cane weve had in a while and he a crock of ****. Well thats just our luck. :feedback:

Jury is still out on Vernon, but I agree with Jamar "where did he go" Fletcher

How can Carey be a bust after just one season under Wanny when he wasn't allowed to play :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

IMO, dumb thread.

Lets give Carey some time under Houck to see what he does. Can't call a guy a bust after just one season, especially one season under Wannstedt.

Carey will be fine. You have to look at who the head coach and line coach was last year. With Houck, he will reach his potential.

Jamar Fletcher definitely was a bust for us. I'd like to actually see Vernon Carey play a little more before we start judging hm as a bust. Houck is one of the best offensive line coaches in the game, I'd rather let him be the judge of how good Carey is and I have faith that he'll be able to coach him into being a proven starter.

Young fella, we've had TONS of 1st round busts in the past. BTW, Yatil Green was from UM too.

Fletcher was a bust in most senses but... he just didn't fit our scheme, I think that was the main problem. Under Bates we always ran press coverage and a lot of man coverage. Fletcher didn't work out for that, he's doing all right in San Diego. Granted, he's the nickel back but... whatever.

Makes me cry to see all those names again. Kumerow, Bosa, Avery, man could Shula was a great coach but could not draft. Same goes for Wannstedt except he couldnt coach. However, give Vernon another year with Houck teaching him and then I'll pass judgement on him.

Back
Top Bottom