Draft Buzz | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Buzz

it´s easy

The pick is easy really , ronnie gives the fins a 3 dimensional player running , catching and faking , braylon is just a receiver , and we are not in a desperate position for a QB ......so if saban doesnt pick ronnie or a similar player ..simply expect him to trade down even several times .

Saban has said that Linehan is running the offense. He is not going to pressure Scott to do anything. Nick even said that he wanted an explosive offense in his intro press conference.

The only time that Saban said he'll overrule Scott is if its a critical play, and Nick doesnt agree with the play called

edit: no only that, but one of the biggest reasons Frerotte signed was because he was told by Linehan that the system would remain the same

nick19991 said:
Kiper is always wrong and what makes you think that Saban didn't mislead Kiper like he is misleading the whole NFL as to what he will do? My opinion is that Linehan will make this offense more explosive and Saban has said that he wants a explosive offense during one of his PC's

Kiper is always wrong :roflmao:

:shakeno:

Dudeman said:
Saban has said that Linehan is running the offense. He is not going to pressure Scott to do anything. Nick even said that he wanted an explosive offense in his intro press conference.

The only time that Saban said he'll overrule Scott is if its a critical play, and Nick doesnt agree with the play called

edit: no only that, but one of the biggest reasons Frerotte signed was because he was told by Linehan that the system would remain the same

There is no doubt that Linehan is running the offense. But what offense is Linehan running? You know that? If you do, you must be a Dolphins assistant coach.

Boomer said:
Kiper is always wrong :roflmao:

:shakeno:

how often is ESPN ever right? the "experts" don't seem to know much for being so called experts

nick19991 said:
how often is ESPN ever right? the "experts" don't seem to know much for being so called experts

I don't think anyone really knows anything at the moment man. Draft experts are good but when the actual teams don't even know who to pick yet, it's hard for anyone to be progressive in the subjective analytical.

I think emphasis is on the theory and generalization of what is most appropriate for each team and how likely that is to be mirrored in the draft from what these guys have heard through the wire and from past experiences.

The offense will be built around the talent that is with the team. The funny thing is, most of you are basing your opinion of Linehan's offense off last year, when injuries to his running backs caused him to run less than he normally would.

You forget that Linehan's offense is based off the old Joe Gibbs offense, which was a ball control offense that utilized three wide and two tight end sets.

Boomer said:
There is no doubt that Linehan is running the offense. But what offense is Linehan running? You know that? If you do, you must be a Dolphins assistant coach.

then why did you say this? did you forget that you posted this?

Boomer said:
Of course it's Saban's offense. It's his team. He will tell Linehan the offence HE wants to run, not the other way round. It probably won't be the same as in Minnesota.

based on that comment by you, you were under the impression that its Saban's offense, and that he will impose his will onto Scott. Then you go on to say that there is no doubt that that Linehan is running the offense. :confused:

nick19991 said:

I'm no apologist for ESPN, but whether you like him or not, Kiper does the work.

KB21 said:
The offense will be built around the talent that is with the team. The funny thing is, most of you are basing your opinion of Linehan's offense off last year, when injuries to his running backs caused him to run less than he normally would.

You forget that Linehan's offense is based off the old Joe Gibbs offense, which was a ball control offense that utilized three wide and two tight end sets.

Thank you.

Dudeman said:

based on that comment by you, you were under the impression that its Saban's offense, and that he will impose his will onto Scott. Then you go on to say that there is no doubt that that Linehan is running the offense. :confused:

No. What I said was in reponse to the guy who said that it would be all Linehan's decision about what offense to run. It won't be. It will be Saban's. Linehan will run it and call the plays but the actual style of offense will be Saban's.

Dudeman said:

I don't see the discrepency. It's Saban's call as to which offense will be run and after that it's all Linehan.

FiN.in.RI said:
I don't see the discrepency. It's Saban's call as to which offense will be run and after that it's all Linehan.

Thank you. Dudeman just likes to argue the opposite point to everything I say. Which is cool. He knows his stuff and he has a right to disagree.

Boomer said:
Thank you. Dudeman just likes to argue the opposite point to everything I say. Which is cool. He knows his stuff and he has a right to disagree.

I don't disagree with you on everything, in fact most things I do agree with you on, except your Simms comments and the Saban/Linehan thing recently.

I'm just saying that it doesn't sound like Nick is going to pressure Scott to use the offense Saban wants.

Linehan also will work closely with Miami's quarterbacks, particularly starter A.J. Feeley, and will install a system that isn't afraid to pass.

Linehan said Miami's new offense would be similar to the one he has run in Minnesota the past three seasons.

While he will obviously adapt his offense to use Chambers, Booker, and McMichael evenly rather than just Moss, those comments in addition to the rest of the article doesn't make it seem like Nick said "You are running my offense, I'll be telling you what to do"

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/10686858.htm

I agree that Linehan will have to run the offense based on what personnel we have and they're talents but if you just think about that then how would you think that our strength is to run the ball and play ball-control? last year the o-line sucked and we had no running back plus our best players were at the WR and TE positions (Chambers, Booker and McMichael) so therefore why the hell would Kiper be thinking that we would be running a ball-control offense?

Back
Top Bottom