Draft Buzz | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Buzz

nick19991 said:
I agree that Linehan will have to run the offense based on what personnel we have and they're talents but if you just think about that then how would you think that our strength is to run the ball and play ball-control? last year the o-line sucked and we had no running back plus our best players were at the WR and TE positions (Chambers, Booker and McMichael) so therefore why the hell would Kiper be thinking that we would be running a ball-control offense?

Because that's Linehans offense of choice.

Boomer said:
Because that's Linehans offense of choice.

if I was the OC then I'd get Saban to draft Ronnie Brown and then with the improvement of the o-line behind Houck as their coach, I would go into single-back sets with Brown as the back I'd pass to him, have him pass block and run with him. I'd take advantage of Chambers speed and throw the bomb and throw short and long routes to Booker and I would have to take advantage of mismatches between McMichael and the potential of a linebacker covering him. I'd also throw in some trick plays including reverses, and WR passes, since Booker was a QB in high school he'd be great for the WR pass as we saw when he did it last year. Just what I'd do if I was OC but I think Linehan has to go with the playmakers and as of right now the playmakers are receivers so therefore he would have to pass

nick19991 said:
if I was the OC then I'd get Saban to draft Ronnie Brown and then with the improvement of the o-line behind Houck as their coach, I would go into single-back sets with Brown as the back I'd pass to him, have him pass block and run with him. I'd take advantage of Chambers speed and throw the bomb and throw short and long routes to Booker and I would have to take advantage of mismatches between McMichael and the potential of a linebacker covering him. I'd also throw in some trick plays including reverses, and WR passes, since Booker was a QB in high school he'd be great for the WR pass as we saw when he did it last year. Just what I'd do if I was OC but I think Linehan has to go with the playmakers and as of right now the playmakers are receivers so therefore he would have to pass

I'm not sure how many trick plays that Minnesota used last year though....regardless, our offense will be explosive :D

Back
Top Bottom