Draft Day 2: Players Miami Dolphins are targeting in the second and third rounds Rea | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Day 2: Players Miami Dolphins are targeting in the second and third rounds Rea

jimlerario

Active Roster
Reaction score
As much as some do not respect Armando, he was spot on last night about the Dolphins intentions. Mando brought up Barnett and Harris as the two Dolphins targets. Not only did we draft to his projection, but Grier, during his post-draft interview, directly confirmed it by saying "[the Dolphins] had two players they were targeting at 22, and he was one of the two."

With that being said, I will trust Armando when he brings up the likes of Cordrea Tankersley in round 2 and Cooper Kupp in round 3. Another WR, really? Signs of a Landry departure? I like the Cordrea kid in round 2, and see him as an instant upgrade. Him and Howard would be a fearsome tandem.

Day Two of the NFL draft will include the second and third round of the process, with teams having five minutes to make their selections. This is what the Miami Dolphins are thinking at this hour ...
At some point in Round 2 a run on cornerbacks will happen. This year’s class of cornerbacks was particularly deep to where teams believe they are going to be able to land first-round caliber cornerbacks into the second round. And the Dolphins seem poised to be part of that run as they have targeted Clemson cornerback Cordrea Tankersley for this round -- as I shared with you days ago.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...-salguero/article147384069.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited by a moderator:
goodness....keep wasting picks. No LB? OG? S? A CB might not be so bad though, but we have far more needs. I read a mock that said we are taking an RB (Samuel) in the 2nd round. I will cry if we take an RB lol

Depends on how the board falls.

I'd love Tank, but if a backer is there it might be hard...

Need corners though and he's a good one..

It's gotta be D again. I'd love Cunningham if he's there. Starting to like Josh Jones (S-NC State) more and more too

I would love to get Zach Cunningham or Marcus Williams the safety

No surprise here on Tankersley. Prototypical Cover 2 press CB with the size and length to match.

I like Tankersley but where will he play this year? Or next? He, Howard, Lippett and Maxwell are all outside corners. Get a DB that can play the slot as well, Jalen Tabor, Fabian Moreau, Des King, Sydney Jones, Kevin King. I will have a Pat White type breakdown if we draft Cooper Kupp.

goodness....keep wasting picks. No LB? OG? S? A CB might not be so bad though, but we have far more needs. I read a mock that said we are taking an RB (Samuel) in the 2nd round. I will cry if we take an RB lol

I like Tankersley but where will he play this year? Or next? He, Howard, Lippett and Maxwell are all outside corners. Get a DB that can play the slot as well, Jalen Tabor, Fabian Moreau, Des King, Sydney Jones, Kevin King. I will have a Pat White type breakdown if we draft Cooper Kupp.

Although this is not Cordrea's strongsuit, he is an instant upgrade over Bobby McCain in the slot. I see the slot position as a major need for the Dolphins, and a major area that can drastically improve the defense.

Then, Cordrea can leapfrog Maxwell/Lippett for the other boundary position opposite Howard after earning his stripes a bit. This will solidify our Corner position, give Burke various options/combinations on the edge, and prepare us for possible injury.

Above all, Cordrea is an instant upgrade over Bobby McCain in the slot. I see the slot position as a major need for the Dolphins, and a major area that can drastically improve the defense.

Then, Cordrea can leapfrog Maxwell/Lippett for the other boundary position opposite Howard after earning his stripes in the slot. This will solidify our Corner position, give Burke various options/combinations, and prepare us for possible injury.

Tankersley is a perimeter press corner. If he can't disrupt the WR or at least initiate contact on the line he has a difficult time staying in their pocket. He's not a slot CB.

Above all, Cordrea is an instant upgrade over Bobby McCain in the slot. I see the slot position as a major need for the Dolphins, and a major area that can drastically improve the defense.

Then, Cordrea can leapfrog Maxwell/Lippett for the other boundary position opposite Howard after earning his stripes in the slot. This will solidify our Corner position, give Burke various options/combinations, and prepare us for possible injury.

That's my problem, What about Tankersley makes you feel he can play the slot? Where is the tape?He's an outside cornerback only in my eyes.

Cooper Kupp should not be on our boards at all. WR is the very last thing we need. We have too many now. Even if we were trading one of the starters, wouldn't Caroo take his place? They better not do anything stupid like this.

Yeah if we draft a WR in the 3rd I might have a stroke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cordrea is definitely not a slot guy... if you're going to grab a DB early in the draft, at least take someone that can contribute in the next 2 seasons. Howard, Maxwell and Lippett are not going anywhere.

You want a slot guy that can play go for Corn Elder. He helps the team in many other ways such as Special Teams but he could excel in the slot for us.

That's my problem, What about Tankersley makes you feel he can play the slot? Where is the tape?He's an outside cornerback only in my eyes.

Tankersley is a perimeter press corner. If he can't disrupt the WR or at least initiate contact on the line he has a difficult time staying in their pocket. He's not a slot CB.

His 4.4 speed, mainly. Also, his hitting ability, physicality and strength in man coverage. This may only be short term, possibly a year. I would not go pure slot back in round 2 because both Maxwell/Lippett are short term answers and in need of an upgrade. He ran a 4.4, he will stay in the WRs pocket fine.

I say he surprises.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom