Draft Day Disappointment | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Day Disappointment

thebigshow405

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Anyone else feel the same way I do? I will be DISAPPOINTED if we stay at the number two pick in the draft. A part of me feels that Saban agrees. How bad would it be picking number 2 and then not picking again til late 2nd or even the third round? Personally, I even like the players more in the middle of the first round better than the top! I LOVE Merrimane, the LB/DE of Maryland, I LOVE Tommie Davis S/LB Georgia, I even think Troy Williamson and Mark Clayton are going to be OUTSTANDING WRs. Of course, the RBs arent as good after Benson Caddy and Brown, but guys, we need defense just as bad as offense. Do you realize the kind of numbers our offense was putting up under Bates? Yet, we couldnt stop the run and teams were controlling the clock and scoring and unheard of amount of points against our team. I started liking this team because of Marino, but in the late 90s and early 2000s, I liked this team for our DEFENSE! I love watching a 9-3 game or 14-3, 7-0. Lately, we havent been able to shut teams down like that. I say, let Feeley get another shot with an improved OL, let Gordon play healthy, maybe grab a receiver in the 3rd round Vince Jackson the "TO" like receiver, 2nd round pick up Jason Campbell for QB, and then go DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE. Alex Smith just doesnt seem to have "star" qualities about him, and to be quite honest, the only two that I wouldnt be PISSED if we selected would be Ronnie Brown or Mike Williams. What do you guys think? Would you be disappointed like me and probably Saban would be, if we DIDNT trade down?

I'd be disappointed at #2 too since we now know we could trade down. I'm hoping we do, it's a long wait from #2 to #70.

thebigshow405 said:
Anyone else feel the same way I do? I will be DISAPPOINTED if we stay at the number two pick in the draft. A part of me feels that Saban agrees. How bad would it be picking number 2 and then not picking again til late 2nd or even the third round? Personally, I even like the players more in the middle of the first round better than the top! I LOVE Merrimane, the LB/DE of Maryland, I LOVE Tommie Davis S/LB Georgia, I even think Troy Williamson and Mark Clayton are going to be OUTSTANDING WRs. Of course, the RBs arent as good after Benson Caddy and Brown, but guys, we need defense just as bad as offense. Do you realize the kind of numbers our offense was putting up under Bates? Yet, we couldnt stop the run and teams were controlling the clock and scoring and unheard of amount of points against our team. I started liking this team because of Marino, but in the late 90s and early 2000s, I liked this team for our DEFENSE! I love watching a 9-3 game or 14-3, 7-0. Lately, we havent been able to shut teams down like that. I say, let Feeley get another shot with an improved OL, let Gordon play healthy, maybe grab a receiver in the 3rd round Vince Jackson the "TO" like receiver, 2nd round pick up Jason Campbell for QB, and then go DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE. Alex Smith just doesnt seem to have "star" qualities about him, and to be quite honest, the only two that I wouldnt be PISSED if we selected would be Ronnie Brown or Mike Williams. What do you guys think? Would you be disappointed like me and probably Saban would be, if we DIDNT trade down?

People always want what they don't have, it never ceases to amaze.

There are some excellent offensive prospects at the top of this draft, and I think Saban will be perfectly happy to select one if he doesn't get a good offer.

All I've heard for years is Dolphin fans complain about how we never get a high pick, now that we have one your not happy?

We will get a pick for Surtain, and we might trade down and get more, but if we don't I'll be very happy with Alex Smith, and I'm sure Saban will be too.

As every day goes on I believe we will trade down.

The interesting party in this is Minnesota. I think that the Buccs deal will happen, but I'm intrigued how badly and which WR the Buccs have the hots for. If it is Mike Williams we are looking at at having 4 picks in the first two rounds.

BlueFin said:
People always want what they don't have, it never ceases to amaze.

There are some excellent offensive prospects at the top of this draft, and I think Saban will be perfectly happy to select one if he doesn't get a good offer.

All I've heard for years is Dolphin fans complain about how we never get a high pick, now that we have one your not happy?

We will get a pick for Surtain, and we might trade down and get more, but if we don't I'll be very happy with Alex Smith, and I'm sure Saban will be too.

Just because we stay at #2 doesn't mean we're taking Smith.

byroan said:
Just because we stay at #2 doesn't mean we're taking Smith.
You're right, it doesn't. But taking a RB seems to be what everyone around the league EXPECTS us to do. Taking a QB might force a trade from someone who is thinking that we won't take the QB they are targeting. Either way I think we win because of the depth of RBs this year.

Back
Top Bottom