Draft day heart breaking Scenarios | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft day heart breaking Scenarios

Which draft pick would be the most disappointing to you as our 6th overall?

• Sewell

• Pitts

• Smith

• Chase

• Parsons

• Paye

• Any Quarterback

• Surtain II

Results are only viewable after voting.
Many in people who watch the nfl long enough as a dolphins fan knows what it feels for us to draft a player we weren't expecting to draft. Think of Ted Ginn Jr. Many in here
believe the dolphins will pick a specific player, but in my heart I feel the Dolphins are going to pick someone we are all going to end up disagreeing and bitching about.
you need one more button for, "several of those".....if I pick just one then it'd seem as if I'm ok with all of the others which is not true. I'm only ok with Smith/Pitts/Chase if at least one of them is there which should be the case.

Sewell would suck in my mind, but i wouldnt be heartbroken, he should be a plug and play day 1 starter.

Parsons might have been a consensus top 10 pick if he wouldnt sat out last year and if not for the hazing .

Any of the top 4 weapons, we all have our favorites, but most agree as long as we get 1, then we are happy.

I agree about Parsons, I'd love to have him with our 1b somehow, even if it takes a modest trade up.

Definitely don't agree about Sewell though. His potential impact could be big, especially if last year's rookie step up. I see a lot of people content with the investments already made on the OL but I think were only about half way there and that's IF the guys we drafted work out. While I certainly see OC as a bigger need than OT right now, if this kid is an Orlando Pace, Walter Jones or Johnathan Ogden type? What if he's better than all 3 of those guys?

I like all 4 skills guys which is why it's tough for me to LOVE them at 6, if I'm playing the value game. If all 4 are available Pitts is my choice. KP is the only player I'm taking over Sewell and that's only because I officially flipped about 3 weeks ago.

The hardest job in the NFL is to be the guy who has to slow down Myles Garrett, Nick Bosa, Joey Bosa and soon to be Chase Young. That job blows.

Look what happened to KC without their tackles.

There's no doubt we need WR talent but the OL is far from impressive.

Greer should be fired if he drafts Paye at 6....That would be far more wrong than drafting Field or Lance...which I would understand if they had decided Tua was a mistake.

i dont think there is any way Grier will take Sewell at 6 after what he invested last draft and FA on the line. So im gonna say my heartbreaking scenario would be passing on Harris or Etienne at 18 for anybody. Im good with any of the mentioned receivers at 6 assuming Pitts is not there. Not sure why people are disrespecting Devonta. In today's game, a smaller receiver can do just fine.
I think my heartbreaking moment would be picking Etienne or Harris at 18. I like both players, would love to have either on my team but not at 18. I don't even want Williams at 36. I'd rather us pick Humphrey at 18 than either RB and grab an edge at 36.

I agree about Parsons, I'd love to have him with our 1b somehow, even if it takes a modest trade up.

Definitely don't agree about Sewell though. His potential impact could be big, especially if last year's rookie step up. I see a lot of people content with the investments already made on the OL but I think were only about half way there and that's IF the guys we drafted work out. While I certainly see OC as a bigger need than OT right now, if this kid is an Orlando Pace, Walter Jones or Johnathan Ogden type? What if he's better than all 3 of those guys?

I like all 4 skills guys which is why it's tough for me to LOVE them at 6, if I'm playing the value game. If all 4 are available Pitts is my choice. KP is the only player I'm taking over Sewell and that's only because I officially flipped about 3 weeks ago.

The hardest job in the NFL is to be the guy who has to slow down Myles Garrett, Nick Bosa, Joey Bosa and soon to be Chase Young. That job blows.

Look what happened to KC without their tackles.

There's no doubt we need WR talent but the OL is far from impressive.

I guess i should've said "In my mind it would suck if we drafted Sewell" not "Sewell would suck". Its one of those picks that i wouldnt be heartbroken with, because he should be a plug and play day 1 tackle. And you're right, if our OL develops in year 2, added with Sewell. It gives us the potential to kick Hunt inside thus using Flowers as trade or just being able to all out cut him after the season and freeing up 10 mil or so. It did always feel like brady had a minute in the pocket, you give Tua a minute in the pocket then hopefully someone could get seperation.

Hence why i said, i wouldnt like it (i just phrased it, as it would suck), but there are alot worse things. Im sure Tom Brady loved having Wirfs with the 1st pick last year compared to drafting another target.

Many in people who watch the nfl long enough as a dolphins fan knows what it feels for us to draft a player we weren't expecting to draft. Think of Ted Ginn Jr. Many in here
believe the dolphins will pick a specific player, but in my heart I feel the Dolphins are going to pick someone we are all going to end up disagreeing and bitching about.
As I recall when Ginn was drafted many of us wanted Brady Quinn which would’ve turned out to be a worst pick.

These are the Dolphins. It doesn't matter who we pick. There is a 95% chance it will be wrong and won't work out. Just look at the history of picks over the last 25 years. If there is one thing we do well, it is screwing up the draft.

Why is it I dont give a rats ass about your feelings? They choose who they choose. Dont like the choice - there are a bunch of other teams to root for in the NFL...

Considering what I have seen on this forum, I have to consider your position a "no brainer" - LOL

The QBs will go first, then the real draft will start...

My three are Sewell, Pitts, and Parsons.

There are a ton of slot receiver types in this draft, so I'm going to let them fall-- that's value.
Y’a because whatever they do people will bitch

Plus I am positive people here will butch just because it’s not guy they wanted and 3 years from now they’ll all tell the world that they know xyz player who made it to the pro bowl was better than any other
That was chosen

I picked Sewel.

But reality if its not Pitts, Chase Smith or (on the outside) Waddle I'm going to be more than Disappointed.

How in
I picked Sewel.

But reality if its not Pitts, Chase Smith or (on the outside) Waddle I'm going to be more than Disappointed.
not trying to pick a fight but how in gods name can someone be upset with drafting Jaylen waddle. He is about as sure fire as a guy in the draft.

Plus I am positive people here will butch just because it’s not guy they wanted and 3 years from now they’ll all tell the world that they know xyz player who made it to the pro bowl was better than any other
That was chosen
Ah... you've been here before.

Back
Top Bottom