Draft Day is going to be just......... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Day is going to be just.........

Agent51

Practice Squad
Reaction score
.......as stressful as this week will be, if not more. I bet draft day is just as stressfull. I was just thinking about this:

Say we wait for SF to use the full 15mins to announce the guy they will already have a deal with going into saturday (most-likely anyway), then we get to #2 and wait the 15 minutes, then when it's time to get the good (or bad, depending on who you want) news Paul Tagliabue announces a trade with TB, so then we gotta wait til the FIFTH pick to know. All the while we are waiting for every single team to use the full 15 minutes they are alloted and we are also secretely PRAYING they don't take the guy we want (be it Benson, Brown, Edwards, Williams etc etc). Then we get to #5 and use THOSE full 15 minutes ONLY for Tagliabue to announce ANOTHER trade, this time with Minnesota. So now we are down at SEVENTH, and have to wait two more picks at 15 minutes a piece PLUS the full 15 minutes for our pick to find out who we get. That is just based on the two most popular talks (or rumors) going around that we trade down to 5 then down to 7. If that pans out we could go in thinking it will be 30 minutes TOPS til we get our new "franchise" guy at #2 but in reality we could wait as long as 1 hour and 45 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agent51 said:
.......as stressful as this week will be, if not more. I bet draft day is just as stressfull. I was just thinking about this:

Say we wait for SF to use the full 15mins to announce the guy they will already have a deal with going into saturday (most-likely anyway), then we get to #2 and wait the 15 minutes, then when it's time to get the good (or bad, depending on who you want) news Paul Tagliabue announces a trade with TB, so then we gotta wait til the FIFTH pick to know. All the while we are waiting for every single team to use the full 15 minutes they are alloted and we are also secretely PRAYING they don't take the guy we want (be it Benson, Brown, Edwards, Williams etc etc). Then we get to #5 and use THOSE full 15 minutes ONLY for Tagliabue to announce ANOTHER trade, this time with Minnesota. So now we are down at SEVENTH, and have to wait two more picks at 15 minutes a piece PLUS the full 15 minutes for our pick to find out who we get. That is just based on the two most popular talks (or rumors) going around that we trade down to 5 then down to 7. If that pans out we could go in thinking it will be 30 minutes TOPS til we get our new "franchise" guy at #2 but in reality we could wait as long as 1 hour and 45 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha very true..god i dont think i can wait that long

Your absouletely right, but all us fins fans will be trully excited if we end up at #7. Want who you want, I want the guy who'll be there at #5, but at #7, we get an assload of picks for trading down, and a franchise RB!!!

I'll take the stress, I"ll just drinkk 4 beers while waiting :D

This is the first draft that I've evaluated extensively and have had a great value of time put into. I've almost killed myself waiting the last moth. When it gets here I'll be trembling with fear.

do what I try to do every year....just have a draft party....it's another excuse to have a BBQ and invite some neighbors or friends over. Then...that 2 hour window isn't so bad as you're enjoying yourself instead of sitting solitary waiting for the choices to play out. All in all....the draft itself (process) is pretty damn boring so make it a fun day.

Have beer in hand........fall to your knees and pray.........and keep yourself from pulling your hair out!

jbond said:
do what I try to do every year....just have a draft party....it's another excuse to have a BBQ and invite some neighbors or friends over. Then...that 2 hour window isn't so bad as you're enjoying yourself instead of sitting solitary waiting for the choices to play out. All in all....the draft itself (process) is pretty damn boring so make it a fun day.

I'll be working, but it's at a bar, so the fact that I am working AT A BAR on draft day kinda cancells out the fact that I am working, lol. The customers are gonna think I am freakin NUTS by my reaction if we take Cedric, especially if I do a few shots with them before hand, haha.

they are going to talk about the dolphins and number 2 pick on espn shortly. so if u have time tune in and watch

Well we've waited this long for the draft, hopefully I can survive another hour so if needed. :lol:

the other agonizing thing about the trades: we then have to pay attention to more of the draft, with additional first day picks. more waiting... i think it would be great to pick up the extra first day players, though. it just adds to my responsibilities as a draft viewer.

the party is the way to go...

Agent51 said:
HAHA, I might have like 8 shots of Grey Goose before we end up picking.

In honor of the Miami Dolphins picking second overall, I'm making draft day "Carribean Drink Day."

I'll have a TON of Corona with lime, and I'll be making some frozen hard lemonades.

If we trade down, by the time we pick I'll definitely be buzzing.

DolphinDevil28 said:
In honor of the Miami Dolphins picking second overall, I'm making draft day "Carribean Drink Day."

I'll have a TON of Corona with lime, and I'll be making some frozen hard lemonades.

If we trade down, by the time we pick I'll definitely be buzzing.

Dude you should try this drink called a California Lemonade, I'll get the exact portions tonight from the drink chart at work, but this thing has like 5 hard liquors in it and ONE gets you feelin a buzz, and this is coming from me, who has a very high alcohol tolerence. It's like rum (clear rum, not brown like captain morgan), vodka, gin, tequilla (again, clear, not brown) and triple sec (although for an ADDED buzz substitute Grand Marnier here since it's a much fancier version of Triple Sec) and then sour lemon mix and sprite. Sounds gross but actually tastes EXACTLY like a normal lemonade, maybe with a hint of the Grand Marnier (or triple sec) coming through.

Agent51 said:
Dude you should try this drink called a California Lemonade, I'll get the exact portions tonight from the drink chart at work, but this thing has like 5 hard liquors in it and ONE gets you feelin a buzz, and this is coming from me, who has a very high alcohol tolerence. It's like rum (clear rum, not brown like captain morgan), vodka, gin, tequilla (again, clear, not brown) and triple sec (although for an ADDED buzz substitute Grand Marnier here since it's a much fancier version of Triple Sec) and then sour lemon mix and sprite. Sounds gross but actually tastes EXACTLY like a normal lemonade, maybe with a hint of the Grand Marnier (or triple sec) coming through.

I have a high tolerance too, so I can handle it. PM it to me when you get it! ;)

Back
Top Bottom