Draft Day One. Who dya want? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Day One. Who dya want?

Round One. 9th overall - Alan Branch, DT, Michigan
Miami's interior defensive line is aging and an injection of youth is vital. Branch is the standout DT and is the elite prospect to propel the Phins defense forward for the future. Branch would be able to tie up the line and be able to stuff the run. If Branch is off the board, then Okoye would be the pick.

Round Two. 41st pick - Ryan Kalil, C, USC
The middle of the Miami offensive line is soft. Hadnot and McKinney arent the answer. Kalil's smarts and technique would be a good addition to the Phins offense.

Round Three. 71st pick - Earl Everett, OLB, Florida
Everett's selection here would be upgrading the LB spot next to Thomas and Crowder. Excellent athleticism and speed would bring fresh impetus to an aging defense.

Excellent first three rounds if that's the way we go.

First Round is Ted Ginn Jr.

Second Round is Off Line

Third Round is Troy Smith

Decent, however unlikely.

Round 1: Adrian Peterson, if hes still there, if not gaines adams from clemson
Round 2: Brandon Merriweather
Round 3: Anthony Gonzalez

Great late round sleeper: Ryan Moore. Everyone thought he would be a stud after his freshman year but hes had problems. Hes big enough that he could play tight end too.

You're insane.

1. Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame
2. Zach Miller, TE, Arizona State
3. Mason Crosby, K, Univ. of Colorado (so long Olindo!!!!)
4-7th BPA

This is what I hope to see us get. 100% agreement. We pick up a franchise QB, snag us our new superstar kicker, and find a replacement for Randy McMichael's lazy ***. Would be nice if we could get rid of Randy for a pick as well. However I wouldn't be against keeping him for a year or two with some competition, maybe a fire under his *** will turn him into the stud he SHOULD be.

Round One. 9th overall - Alan Branch, DT, Michigan
Miami's interior defensive line is aging and an injection of youth is vital. Branch is the standout DT and is the elite prospect to propel the Phins defense forward for the future. Branch would be able to tie up the line and be able to stuff the run. If Branch is off the board, then Okoye would be the pick.

Round Two. 41st pick - Ryan Kalil, C, USC
The middle of the Miami offensive line is soft. Hadnot and McKinney arent the answer. Kalil's smarts and technique would be a good addition to the Phins offense.

Round Three. 71st pick - Earl Everett, OLB, Florida
Everett's selection here would be upgrading the LB spot next to Thomas and Crowder. Excellent athleticism and speed would bring fresh impetus to an aging defense.

That's actually a realistic and good first day of the NFL Draft. As much as taking a QB sounds like the right answer to finally solve our QB problem i don't think this is the year to draft a QB in the 1st. Quinn and Russell probably won't be available and next years draft class IMO looks a little more promising. Colt Brennan, Brian Brohm, John David Booty, and Chad Henne are all prospects that could be great next year. This draft is loaded with some talent at WR in the first day so that's another option that could be a good one for Miami.

Round 1: Adrian Peterson, if hes still there, if not gaines adams from clemson
Round 2: Brandon Merriweather
Round 3: Anthony Gonzalez

Great late round sleeper: Ryan Moore. Everyone thought he would be a stud after his freshman year but hes had problems. Hes big enough that he could play tight end too.

Why would we get Peterson?

I do like the Gonzo pick.

1. Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame
2. Zach Miller, TE, Arizona State
3. Mason Crosby, K, Univ. of Colorado (so long Olindo!!!!)
4-7th BPA

Nice Roman. I like it. Of course you had to go and put a ASU guy in there. Not good enough we took one last year huh! :D

well for me....

Well I will go for:

I want in this 3 rounds a OL (maybe L Brown) a Qb (Brady or Stanton, if Brady is there at 9 I will like to take him if not I want Stanton), and a CB or DT

Round 1: Quinn (QB) > Adams (DE) > Revis (CB) > Jarret (WR) > Landry (S)

Round 2: Chris Houston (CB) > Woodley (OLB) > Posluszny (OLB) > Bowe (WR)> Kyle Young (C) > Rice (WR) > T. Ugoh (OT)

Round 3: C. Johnson (DE) > Doug Free (OT)> B. Siler (OLB)> Stanton (QB) > Samson Satele (C/G)

It is just way too early to tell. The combine is going to play a huge role in who's available at what spots. I think the combine tends to be overrated and value a true hard-nosed football player over a workout warrior anyday. I'll narrow down my picks in a month or so :)

Back
Top Bottom