Draft Day Trades | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Day Trades

MDolphins2004

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I think OGUN will be gone come draft day. The Phins will get a feel for the teams that need him. Then on Draft Day the Phins will trade him for Andrews. Then they will use the #20 pick to take either a WR,QB,S,DT or OLB. (Or Trade Down....:( )

I hope that the Phins do trade him for Andrews around the 14th or so pick. Then take the best WR still on the Board with the 20th pick.

Trade OGUN ~ Andrews
#20 Pick ~ Woods

The Phins would then have a Pretty Good OL & have VERY GOOD depth at WR. If C.C. does indeed want a HUGE deal next season (HE SHOULD THE MAN IS AWESOME). They might not be able to cut enough people to get the deal done. SO adding Woods would leave the Phins with Boston & Woods........I'll Take That!!!!!!

What ever the Phins do with the #20 Pick they will be getting Top 10-15 Talent. This Draft is Thick!!!

I'll be surprised if a team offers us a top 15 first round pick for Ogun. They would have to get a feel for what type of contract he would want before dealing for him.

It would be great to get Chicago to bite but the only way they trade with us is their 1st and 2nd for Ogun and our 1st.

Chicago does have the money. Tait and their other FA pickups have left them VERY close to the cap (considering the draft allowance).
Chicago is not even a possibility. I personally feel Jacksonville is a strong possibility for an Ogun trade. They packed Brackens' bags and told him to leave town. They need a DE... NOW.
The question is... what is the price for Jags #9... Wale AND... or just Wale?

Then only team that can pheasibly accomodate Wally's contract in the Vikings.

My feeling is that the Vikes are VERY gun shy in taking one of our DEs again. After their failed experiments on taking Bromell and Mixon, I'm sure they believe our LE's performance is a product of being opposite JT.

While I do agree that JT improves our LE's numbers, I also feel O-Gun is a 8-12 sack/yr guy (w/o JT). If you can avg double digit sacks each year, teams will want you. That is why I'd like to keep him because he still young and performs well. He doesn't display the same all out motor that JT has but he's very solid.

That comment made me remember one play last season that stuck out in my head. I can't remember what game it was last year (WAS maybe?), but JT went after QB, they ran to the right side away from him and O-Gun, Seau, and Zach all get blocked. JT pursued the run all way to the other side to catch the runner 6-8 yards past LOS. Too bad O-Gun doesn't have the same motor, but I do feel he's a keeper.

Back
Top Bottom