Draft Day Tradition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Day Tradition

None of my friends who are football fans get into the NFL enough to watch a lot of the draft. Me on the other hand will watch every bit of it.

I will have my friends and brothers over and we will watch the entire draft and the Ladies go shopping witch works out for all of us I have to write the date of the draft on the calendar so my wife can schedule around it I love the draft dont u guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody I know is a draft fan so I always just lock myself inside, grab the snacks, shut the curtains, get out all my mock drafts, draft guides, pen and paper and just take in every piece of information. My computer is going to be on so I can come on between picks and either praise or laugh at the last pick and I'll be racking up a huge phone bill calling my Dad long distance to talk draft with him.

the hokies spring game is always the same day as the draft, so i usually miss the first 3 hours of the draft. that will change this year.

DiepatriotsDie said:
I sit around by myself all day, because even the football "fans" I know are completely unable to watch it. My girlfriend hates me for the weekend, and even though I warn her it's coming up, she'll act surprised and irritated when it's here.

I actually haven't been able to watch it the last 5 years, because I was stationed overseas. This sounds exactly like my situation, except substitute the girlfriend with a pregnant wife. I am incredibly excited about it this year, I just hope I can survive the weekend.:wink:

Last year I was at a bar alone, sweating through the 2 hours it took to complete the 1st 4 picks.

Twice I embarrassed myself.

At pick 16, the second I heard it was a trade I jumped out of my chair and kicked the table.

Shortly after Shawn Andrews got snagged.

Then at 20, we trade. I see promise.

When I didn't hear J.P. Losman's name, and the WUNDERLIK failing CAREY instead, I again jumped up and this time knocked the pitcher all over myself.

Alone. In Montreal. With a bunch of Pats/Giants fans.

*Yeah, you hear about all the dolphins fans...well, I see pats/giants fans, to be honest.

Needless to say I left the bar, trashed, after pick 19.

Luckily for me, and all of us, Losman looked like crap in his 1 interception 1 fumble lost in 3 minutes outing last season.

Still, I will seclude myself alone this year in my apartment, with fellow dolphins fans...

ALL ALONE AGAIN...

I hope I don't have to scream this time.

Back
Top Bottom