Draft Day Warning | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Day Warning

Surferosa

Run to Daylight
Reaction score
DRAFT DAY WARNING

All this draft talk has consumed us for the better part of three months. We are now familiar with hundreds of top prospects, watched game film, followed dozens of unsubstantiated rumors and tried to predict the end-game scenario for our beloved Dolphins.

WARNING: We are ALL going to be surprised by some, if not all, of the picks. On draft day you will find yourself saying "who the hell is that??" at least a few times, maybe more. It happens every year. That DOESNT mean that we are making bad picks. I remember several years ago FINHEAVEN went absolutely berserk when Spielman picked an unknown TE named Randy McMichael in the fourth round, when everyone wanted U of Miami Guard Martin Bibla. :lol: Aside from not "needing" a TE, most people simply never heard of McMichael. He wasnt ranked in the top 20 by many draft pundits, and the result was utter chaos on the board.

Point is, dont be so quick to criticize. I for one am level-headed enough to know that I dont hold a candle compared to the knowedge of Saban and his scouts, and therefore I will reserve judgment until I am better informed. Just wanted to say this NOW, before the draft, rather then try and calm the fiery dispositions of some of our more "temperamental" posters after the fact. :lol:

agreed. We're gna draft a lot of guys that fit our system. I don't think that any of us really, genuinely, truthfully know Saban's system, consequently there will be suprises.

I remember when we picked Randy McMichael. More than a few on this board posted things like "A TE!!!", "Why!!", "What a waste of a pick"

Very good post!! Agreed, and will do!

Steve

I wont be surprised or disappointed with Saban's first day picks.He is very studious and he will not leave any stone unturned.

If it were Wanny and Speilman were selecting and I didnt recognize the name I would have an image of a shortish LB/S type with an injury history and I would be most suspicious.

Now that Saban is involved and I dont recognize the name I will have images of a tall intelligent versatile player.

I have to disagree. Some of the most fun I have on draft day is listening to the whinning and of course doing it myself. If you take that away why watch the draft? I would be better off hanging around the kitchen and complaining about what my wife is fixing for dinner.....oh wait. I can't do that any more, she left me after saying I whined too much. :roflmao:

TARHEEL38 said:
I have to disagree. Some of the most fun I have on draft day is listening to the whinning and of course doing it myself. If you take that away why watch the draft? I would be better off hanging around the kitchen and complaining about what my wife is fixing for dinner.....oh wait. I can't do that any more, she left me after saying I whined too much. :roflmao:
:lol: :confused:

CrunchTime said:
I wont be surprised or disappointed with Saban's first day picks.He is very studious and he will not leave any stone unturned.

If it were Wanny and Speilman were selecting and I didnt recognize the name I would have an image of a shortish LB/S type with an injury history and I would be most suspicious.

Now that Saban is involved and I dont recognize the name I will have images of a tall intelligent versatile player.

Knowing Saban is in charge of the war room will certainly ease some of the tension on the board.

I think especially on the second day, when the majority of posters only know a handful of the remaning players, the tendenacy is to lock onto one player and hope he is our pick. In one regards, its quite natural to gravitate towards those players which you are familiar with. However, its important to remember that most of us here simply do not know who these players are. It was ridiculous for people to lambast the FO for picking McMichael if they didnt know who the player was.

The biggest difference this year is Nick is in charge. No more wannyball!
That certainly makes me a lot more comfortable. Yes, we hit on Randy McMichael and that was a good example you gave. But, I can also remember being at the Draft Party at Pro Player and hearing Jamar Fletcher's name being announced and we all went crazy. We knew he was a bad pick and we were right. Same thing when we heard Eddie Moore and everybody shouted, "Who the hell is Eddie Moore?" Not to mention giving up our 2nd pick to New England, which they in turn picked up Corey Dillon with, and we then took Wade "turnstile" Smith. We all knew that draft sucked and we were right. It does feel a lot different now with Saban though.

Supposedly, Saban is a great evaluator of talent. I can't wait to see who he picks. I haven't been this excited about our draft in many years.

Back
Top Bottom