Draft Grades From Around The Web | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Grades From Around The Web

I'd say B. The picks i don't agree with you can still understand. Baker is a plus athlete who covers well. I think you need to secure Mason Rudolph there. The 5th best QB in the 3rd would have been great value

I just said the same thing in another post. If you replace the Baker pick with Rudolph or even a DT (there were some good ones available), I would have flat out loved this draft. The Baker pick kind of ruined it for me a little, as I don't know if he can beat out our current roster of backups.

The problem with the national media is they put little effort in evaluating the Dolphins. They just see us getting rid of big names and assume we let go of great players for no reason. They still think Pouncey is an elite center. They think Tannehill is trash so any time Miami passes on a QB it's an automatic mediocre grade. Fitzpatrick, a top 5 talent, can't be an A grade because they passed on a rookie QB. They run with the same agenda.

People aren't objective with Miami. They just see Dolphins and assume the worse because they hold the past against them. Most people gave us a B or higher grade, but in general the people who are really negative with the Dolphins continuously do this. Even in a positive article somebody will throw in a passive aggressive shot.

Ironically, it's the local media that really fuels it. They are more negative than even the whiniest of fans.

This is all you need to know about Walter's assessment to see that it's either very biased, just a moronic evaluation, or both:

Goals Entering the 2018 NFL Draft: Miami might be the worst team in the NFL this year. Numerous veterans are gone, and there are glaring holes everywhere. It's impossible for the Dolphins to fix everything now, so this has to be a 2-year rebuilding process. Trading down would be great, as it'll allow Miami to pick up some much-needed assets.

It had the desired effect. I clicked on their link to see what they were smoking. SI is so transparent about their brown nosing.

NE is praised for not picking the 2nd coming of Brady when one isn't there in their opinion. Even tho NE did pick a QB late.

Why do I believe if NE drafted a QB in the 1st or 2nd rd, SI would praise them also.

The problem is all these guys grading our draft bought into the QB smokescreens and mocked us getting one of the top 4 guys. So, they aren't evaluating the quality of our draft, but how close we were to their mock. Not many that I saw had us picking Fitzpatrick. Easier to say it's a mediocre draft than admit that they were way off in their assessments.

Evaluating the draft before anyone has played a game is an exercise in futility anyway.

The problem is all these guys grading our draft bought into the QB smokescreens and mocked us getting one of the top 4 guys. So, they aren't evaluating the quality of our draft, but how close we were to their mock. Not many that I saw had us picking Fitzpatrick. Easier to say it's a mediocre draft than admit that they were way off in their assessments.

Evaluating the draft before anyone has played a game is an exercise in futility anyway.

It's just complete biased towards the teams. The teams that usually draft we'll get high grades and the teams that typically make mistakes get lower grades. Dumpster bin material.

Steelers should get nothing less than a D for their first round pick but writers don't have the balls. Even their extra loyal fanbase mostly ripped that pick. According to NFL.com, however, the value there was equivalent to Miami getting Minkah Fitzpatrick at #11.

Meanwhile, they have Minkah graded higher than he was picked and gave Edmunds a "3rd-4th round" projection/grade.

It's just complete biased towards the teams. The teams that usually draft we'll get high grades and the teams that typically make mistakes get lower grades. Dumpster bin material.

Steelers should get nothing less than a D for their first round pick but writers don't have the balls. Even their extra loyal fanbase mostly ripped that pick. According to NFL.com, however, the value there was equivalent to Miami getting Minkah Fitzpatrick at #11.

Meanwhile, they have Minkah graded higher than he was picked and gave Edmunds a "3rd-4th round" projection/grade.

Yep. That's why you see all As and Bs some Cs and very few Ds and Fs if any at all in most of the draft reviews.

The writers don't want to be the guy that gives out a terrible grade and a few years later proven wrong. They take the easy and safe route

PFF has the top 3 teams (elite) as

Jets
Packers
Cowboys

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Back
Top Bottom