Draft Gurus(KB, Boomer, anybody) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Gurus(KB, Boomer, anybody)

Bjorn

Go Giants
Reaction score
I reaLize this could have probably gone into another thread but I was wondering if anybody has any info on Nichiren Flowers. He had a touchdown reception in the upset win over Fresno State tonight. He is the wide Reciever from Nevada. It looks like he is 6'3 210 lbs. but I've never seen him play, though I have heard good things about him. Was wondering if he could be a late round steal/sleeper pick.

Probably won't be drafted. 2004 was his best year, he had 91 rec. for 1126 yards and 6 TD's.

2005 has 47 rec. 586 yards and 2 TD's.

If he was to get drafted he would have to have a good combine. Possible 7th round sleeper pick. Has good size.

thanks. what do you think about Maurice Stovall could he be had in the 5th or 6th.

b_hjelmeland123 said:
thanks. what do you think about Maurice Stovall could he be had in the 5th or 6th.

Anywhere from mid-3rd to early-5th depending on senior bowl/combine.

ether79 said:
Anywhere from mid-3rd to early-5th depending on senior bowl/combine.

Hope we can get a wr in the later rounds that could develop into a quality starter and both those guys have the size to be good WR's IMO.

b_hjelmeland123 said:

Could jump to the late 2nd round with a good combine/bowl. Probably will go around mid 3rd round to late 5th round.

b_hjelmeland123 said:
Because we really want another WR with questionable hands.

How would this look if it was our draft

1. A.J. Hawk

2. Jay Cutler

3. Jovan Johnson

4. Maurice Stovall

5. Will Derting

6. Taitusi Lutui

7. Jaxson Appel

EDIT: changed a few things

b_hjelmeland123 said:
Have you seen him play?
Yes I have, and I haven't seen it much this year. Before this year, however, his hands were very inconsistent. And a lot of times you will see WR's who had this problem revert to the habit again after solid years.

Batman13 said:
Yes I have, and I haven't seen it much this year. Before this year, however, his hands were very inconsistent. And a lot of times you will see WR's who had this problem revert to the habit again after solid years.

He is a lot more focused this year then the previous few. He is in much better shape, blocking better, catching better. He has really stepped his game up. Up to this point in his career he has been a big disappoint imo, but I wouldnt mind getting him later in the draft and seeing what he could develop into. If he has a good combine I could see him going in the later half of the 3rd or so.

Probably won't be drafted. 2004 was his best year, he had 91 rec. for 1126 yards and 6 TD's.

He'll be drafted because he has unbelievable talent. Don't stat watch on him this year because that's not an accurate assessment of his skills. He's been in Coach Ault's doghouse all year because of his Allen Iverson approach to practice. "Practice, we're talking about practice. Not a game but practice." It will definitely cost Flowers some dough but he'll be drafted nonetheless.

Stovall...questionable hands??

That's actually a good assessment. His entire career he's had questionable hands. This year he finally has put together a strong year statistically but he still has room to grow to fufill is potential. He's a borderline day one pick who should have an excellent combine in terms of speed & measurements.

SMadison29 said:
That's actually a good assessment. His entire career he's had questionable hands. This year he finally has put together a strong year statistically but he still has room to grow to fufill is potential. He's a borderline day one pick who should have an excellent combine in terms of speed & measurements.

Yeah I guess..I wasn't really thinking about years past, his play this year has made me forget abut it. He has really put it all together this year and think he'll be drafted along those same lines.

Back
Top Bottom