Draft Intrigue Heating Up! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Intrigue Heating Up!

Da 'Fins

FinHeaven VIP
Club Member
Reaction score
Things are looking better for us with the #2 pick. Interest is heating up with both QB's. And there's interest at WR as well.

If it turns out that there are players available in our slot that really do have enough value that teams want to trade up for - then we are in great shape. Saban may decide that he likes a player well enough that he won't trade down. Or, he may decide that the offer is so good he will trade down.

It is also interesting that the QB talk is heating up. I wonder if Saban will be unwilling to pass on one of the QB's if he thinks he's passing a genuine franchise QB? I doubt he will, unless someone offers him a great deal.

It is especially great that there are all sorts of rumors about Saban's interest in QB ... it just adds to the mystery for other teams - thereby increasing the value of the pick.

I must admit, it's exciting to not have to wait 5 or 6 hours to see us draft a guy no one's heard of in the 2nd round! We'll only have to wait 10-15 minutes and then the excitement will be here. The worst part is the time between now and the draft!

Go Nick!

Oh man, I can't wait! I can honestly say I have NO idea what we are going to take this year. I'm almost 100% positive we will come out with some great players.

i think the 9ers will take Braylon Edwards... in fact, i'm pretty darn sure they will.

dol_fan_81 said:
i think the 9ers will take Braylon Edwards... in fact, i'm pretty darn sure they will.

???? Do they know that yet? Maybe you should call Nolan and tell him - he seems to be under the impression that he will be choosing a QB...:cooldude:

Da 'Fins said:
...It is also interesting that the QB talk is heating up. I wonder if Saban will be unwilling to pass on one of the QB's if he thinks he's passing a genuine franchise QB? I doubt he will, unless someone offers him a great deal...
Go Nick!
Well, it does appear that Saban would prefer to trade down. In a trade down scenerio, it would be obvious that he would not have his heart set on one of the top 2 QB's. Being a defensive minded coach, I would suspect that he would really love to get a defensive player early on as part of a trade down strategy.

But, now is the time for the final draft grades. And final draft grades normally turn out different than what we think they are.

PhinstiGator said:
Well, it does appear that Saban would prefer to trade down. In a trade down scenerio, it would be obvious that he would not have his heart set on one of the top 2 QB's. Being a defensive minded coach, I would suspect that he would really love to get a defensive player early on as part of a trade down strategy.

But, now is the time for the final draft grades. And final draft grades normally turn out different than what we think they are.

If he picks a defensive player in the first round I'll be so mad at him...:fire:

phinz_fan said:
If he picks a defensive player in the first round I'll be so mad at him...:fire:
If he does NOT trade down and get extra picks, I would not be the happiest either. However, if he trades down gets some more picks... I could handle a stud D player being drafted. Our D is getting old and does need some new players.

saban's heart does not appear to be set on one player..., and his options are open. i agree with some who write Saban covets d-fensive studs.

poornate said:
If they take Edwards we will draft a QB in pick 2.

Let's be real - the 49'ers will probably draft a QB with their pick. Maybe not - but there is a 90% chance it's gonna be a QB.

redhead said:
saban's heart does not appear to be set on one player..., and his options are open. i agree with some who write Saban covets d-fensive studs.
If we trade back I really hope we end up with LSU DE Spears. He's going to be a good one IMO.

dol_fan_81 said:

I think they will take Braylon, they need a WR more then they need a QB plus the depth of this years draft at Qb is bigger then others really think, i think they will draft Braylon first round and pick the best QB avaible at 2

Da 'Fins said:
I must admit, it's exciting to not have to wait 5 or 6 hours to see us draft a guy no one's heard of in the 2nd round! We'll only have to wait 10-15 minutes and then the excitement will be here. The worst part is the time between now and the draft

That's the best part, I'm tired of being exhausted, watching the draft all day, and then see us select John Avery or Vernon Carey.

I think Alex Smith is going to be a 49er...

If that happens, Rodgers will go #2... to the Buccs.

(I dunno... its all too :confused: )

Back
Top Bottom