Draft Malik Willis to give Tua Some Competition Next Year | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Malik Willis to give Tua Some Competition Next Year

I think the Dolphins should look to draft Malik Willis next year as competition for Tua. With a crappy line, that looks unfixable, you need a bigger quarterback that can run. I know he is not the best in terms of accuracy, but that is what coaching is for. After watching Tannehill keep his job without credible competition, I think that it is a bad idea to give Tua that luxury. Thoughts?
I like Willis. He’s not a bigger qb though, he’s like the same size as TUA. Real fun to watch though.

In a season where we called arguably the worst offensive play call in NFL history, it's only fitting we do potentially one of the dumbest trades in NFL
And judging by some of the so called fans on here, they would love DW in Miami. They complain about him being in Jail. And blame the front office for trading for him.

It's extremely rare for a grand jury not to indict someone.

Trading for him with that pending would be unbelievably incompetent.

It seems 8 of the 10 criminal complaints are likely not to return an indictment, and the other 2 are sealed so absolutely nobody knows. I believe the 2 sealed ones are criminal complainants who have NOT seeking civil damages against Watson...so that makes it look all the more dangerous to him.

Are you a lawyer? I'd love to hear your thoughts if so.

It seems 8 of the 10 criminal complaints are likely not to return an indictment, and the other 2 are sealed so absolutely nobody knows. I believe the 2 sealed ones are criminal complainants who have NOT seeking civil damages against Watson...so that makes it look all the more dangerous to him.

Are you a lawyer? I'd love to hear your thoughts if so.

I'll pretense this by saying I can't speak directly to each allegation under the grand jury investigation and I am an attorney but i don't dabble much in criminal law.

I am familiar with the procedure going on and in my personal experience with situations like this it's almost a certainty some kind of indictment is coming. It's unbelievably rare for a grand jury not to indict.

You also have to remember potential politics behind this that if they choose not to proceed that prosecutor risks looking like he/she let a potential sexual predator off because of his celebrity status.

Watson is innocent until proven guilty and he is entitled to due process, but trading for him now with that pending would be akin to putting all your life savings on a single game of Roulette.

It's extremely rare for a grand jury not to indict someone.

Trading for him with that pending would be unbelievably incompetent.

Pro DW people have to understand it doesn’t take very long to establish their isn’t a case - this conspiracy theory would have been shredded to pieces - it takes time to build a case when there are 21 separate people

Pro DW people have to understand it doesn’t take very long to establish their isn’t a case - this conspiracy theory would have been shredded to pieces - it takes time to build a case when there are 21 separate people

I don't know enough about the merits of the cases to comment, but a grand jury is meant to indict someone not the other way around.

I can't put into words how insane they are if they are seriously considering trading for him right now

I don't know enough about the merits of the cases to comment, but a grand jury is meant to indict someone not the other way around.

I can't put into words how insane they are if they are seriously considering trading for him right now
I would like to own the rights to “talk is heating up!” It means absolutely nothing yet everything to some people

Liberty is a much stronger program than people think. They’re building something legit over there. They got Hugh Freeze coaching, and players from big time programs from all over the country try to transfer into Liberty.

Last year they stomped Syracuse 38-21. Beat Virginia Tech 38-35. Only lost by 1 point at #24 N.C. State. And beat #9 Coastal Carolina 37-34. And just got done handing UAB a worse beating than a ranked Miami team did last year.

Malik Willis originally signed with Auburn out of high school but got tired of sitting behind a guy he was already better than in Jarrett Stidham. When Willis transferred out of Auburn, it was the final nail in the coffin of Gus Malzahn. Auburn would be an entirely different team if Willis was still there.

He’s been tutored by Cam Newton at all of Newton’s 7-on-7 camps.

Willis had SEC and ACC offers, but most of them wanted Willis to play DB. Same story as Mike Vick, Steve McNair, Steve Young, Lamar Jackson and many others.

His recruiting profile, talent, skillset, and play style is nearly identical to Lamar. Both only highly rated 3 Star kids because the big programs got on them late in the process and didn’t attend as many big time camps on campuses.

He’s developed into a 5 Star now though. Willis has 5 Star tools from his feet to his arm. Special player and a very special young man away from football.

I don’t know where he goes, but he’s one of only a couple I’m going to bet on wherever he lands at the next level.

Back
Top Bottom