Draft Malik Willis to give Tua Some Competition Next Year | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Malik Willis to give Tua Some Competition Next Year

Liberty is a much stronger program than people think. They’re building something legit over there. They got Hugh Freeze coaching, and players from big time programs from all over the country try to transfer into Liberty.

Last year they stomped Syracuse 38-21. Beat Virginia Tech 38-35. Only lost by 1 point at #24 N.C. State. And beat #9 Coastal Carolina 37-34. And just got done handing UAB a worse beating than a ranked Miami team did last year.

Malik Willis originally signed with Auburn out of high school but got tired of sitting behind a guy he was already better than in Jarrett Stidham. When Willis transferred out of Auburn, it was the final nail in the coffin of Gus Malzahn. Auburn would be an entirely different team if Willis was still there.

He’s been tutored by Cam Newton at all of Newton’s 7-on-7 camps.

Willis had SEC and ACC offers, but most of them wanted Willis to play DB. Same story as Mike Vick, Steve McNair, Steve Young, Lamar Jackson and many others.

His recruiting profile, talent, skillset, and play style is nearly identical to Lamar. Both only highly rated 3 Star kids because the big programs got on them late in the process and didn’t attend as many big time camps on campuses.

He’s developed into a 5 Star now though. Willis has 5 Star tools from his feet to his arm. Special player and a very special young man away from football.

I don’t know where he goes, but he’s one of only a couple I’m going to bet on wherever he lands at the next level.
Hugh Freeze...next LSU coach!

Malik Willis's athleticism/arm strength combo is the best since Michael Vick.

There have been other guys with this sort of athleticism. There have been other guys with this sort of arm strength. There haven't been guys who have this sort of athleticism AND this sort of arm strength.

There have been some bigger guys with this sort of arm strength and some pretty great athleticism for their larger size. But I'm talking straight up foot speed and make you miss type speed/quicks.

Malik Willis is probably going too high.

I'd absolutely take the gamble on Willis if he fell. But Carson Strong or Desmond Ridder also work for me.

Then again we fast-forward and if we're not using that pick on a new left or right tackle, people will throw fits.
I think it’s time to stop drafting offensive lineman and start paying them in FA

Reminds of Kyler or Lamar, if you can't have a decent offensive line, surely this would be the way to go, having an elite dual threat, If we are moving away from Tua, I would take this kid over Watson any day. I don't see what Watson brings that Tua won't.. Sack Flores and Grier before we do anything..They would, ruin Watson and this kid. I'd like this kid and someone from the Ravens coach wise

Thinking about Lamar hasn't signed a contract and he is his own agent,
So my plan is Dan the Man should get Ross to adopt him as his heir Japanese style, Then Marino should get Ross to fall on his sword Hari_kari style, then Dan should offer Lamar to be the highest paid player in the NFL and joint ownership with himself.
There you go I've just solved all our problems..

Bailey Zappe, WKU. The best passer in college football this year. He's actually playing in Miami tomorrow at FIU.

Last edited:
Thinking about Lamar hasn't signed a contract and he is his own agent,
So my plan is Dan the Man should get Ross to adopt him as his heir Japanese style, Then Marino should get Ross to fall on his sword Hari_kari style, then Dan should offer Lamar to be the highest paid player in the NFL and joint ownership with himself.
There you go I've just solved all our problems..

Hey remember that Lamar Jackson is a bust thread ? Good times.

Interesting to see how the Ole Miss game affects his stock?
Game went pretty much as I expected. The talent level discrepancy was more than he was gonna be able to overcome. I thought he’d play a little better than he did but he still showed the elite traits.

I’m not sold yet that he’s gonna be an elite NFL QB but he’ll absolutely be a playmaker and make some waves at the least.

You can find a bad game by ANY prospect in NFL history.
Oh I am not saying the kid has no talent. I just wonder how it will affect his stock? As Jimi said, the talent discrepancy was very real in that game. But there are times when you have to shine...and that was his to really put on a show. 2.6 yards per rush attempt and 3 int's against a decent team is a bad look. But yes, I agree that all QB's have bad games.

Back
Top Bottom