Draft needs | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft needs

If the team doesn't have a QB that they want who is available without trading the entire draft, then I would go BPA until the the second round, and perhaps even the third. We need so much talent, I hope we don't reach. In fact, trading down makes even more sense, amass more picks and BPA at targeted positions a little more freely. In this scenario, start Rosen next year and draft the QB in the following draft.

Abso-frigging-Lutely!!!

Bad teams should always trade down and amass picks. Trading up is for finishing your roster.

I've always enjoyed the team building aspects of the NFL more than anything else, and this season has been so much fun from that perspective.

Now to see if we can make intelligent FA signings without breaking the bank or signing me-first players. I'm still thinking RG, slot corner, and RB in free agency, but we will have to see if players are even willing to sign with us.
I'm good with all of that with the exception of RB, I think we get some fresh legs later on in the draft.

That style will never last and sustain long term success. He will get injured eventually.

Many QBs, from Marino to Brady, get injured...eventually, even ones who sit in the pocket.

But Brady and Marino got back in there... had offseason surgeries and continued to play.

When running QBs lose a step, they lose half their game. Just like when they hit 30.

By that time, Jackson will have been to the playoffs for 8 seasons, a few Super Bowls...maybe even a win.

I'll take that....

By that time, Jackson will have been to the playoffs for 8 seasons, a few Super Bowls...maybe even a win.

I'll take that....
Can I get the lotto numbers next time you are looking in that crystal ball?

Jackson is having an incredible season. Maybe you are right, but there have been more than a few one hit wonders, and flash im the pan players. Let's see where he is at in a few years before we crown him the second coming.

Dog fight boy Michael Vick was a dynamic exciting player too, but it didn't translate to playoff wins, and while I think Lamar could be a better all around player, with a much better coach, it is way too early in his career to make that leap of faith for me.

RGB3 looked pretty good for a year... as did Mayfield.

There is a tendency at this board to take immediate gratification over work and planning. Magic Beans thinking.

Very VERY short-sighted.

Can I get the lotto numbers next time you are looking in that crystal ball?

Jackson is having an incredible season. Maybe you are right, but there have been more than a few one hit wonders, and flash im the pan players. Let's see where he is at in a few years before we crown him the second coming.

Dog fight boy Michael Vick was a dynamic exciting player too, but it didn't translate to playoff wins, and while I think Lamar could be a better all around player, with a much better coach, it is way too early in his career to make that leap of faith for me.

I feel the same about the opposite end.

"He's going to get injured..."

"He loses a step and he's gone..."

Right now he's better than any QB that has worn a Phins uniform since Marino left. That's what my crystal ball says.

Back
Top Bottom