Draft needs | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft needs

As he ages he might...as long as he is healthy he is unstoppable with his running and he'd be doing that until:

• He could no longer run like that physically.
  • NFL defenses caught up with him to a degree where he's no longer effective.
Or once he gets the snot knocked outta him a few times. Running to avoid the rush or seeing an opening to scramble for some yards is one thing, designed QB running options is another. The running QB's who make it in this league use their running ability as a last resort when all else fails, the ones who think they are going to come in and run the ball all over the place for yardage like they did in college are in for a rude awakening and don't last long. Jackson throws a nice ball and can run, as I said, I suspect he'll be running less and less as time passes and run only out of necessity. I don't know of a team that will want their star QB risking injury by running the ball all of the time, injuries are inevitable and you don't want to risk your star asset.

1a BPA (except a RB or WR)
1b BPA (except a RB or WR)
1c BPA (except a RB or WR)
2a BPA (except a RB or WR)
2b BPA (except a RB or WR)
3. BPA (except a RB or WR)

Since you're not a pure BPA guy (shows a connection to reality), you have no priorities other than RB/WR?

I still believe either 1b or 1c is traded. Miami picks up a 2021 1st, continue the trend of having a base of assets to count on for the out years.
If we could grab another 2nd or 3rd this year plus a #1 next year for 1c, count me in.

So you're thinking BPA?

The BPA/position of need arguement is not as clear cut as some make it out to be, and it's subjective anyway.

Not all teams will have the same rating/order of players, and in any case, there is really no way to directly compare a DT to a WR, for example.

I think it's really more about tiers, as much as player v player.

Since you're not a pure BPA guy (shows a connection to reality), you have no priorities other than RB/WR?
You couldn’t be more confused. I’m a BPA guy OTHER than a dime-a-dozen RB or WR. Of course we need a RB but you grab one in the 5-7 range and he’ll run through the holes PROVIDED we land 3-4 new lineman that can provide aforementioned holes.

Agree. IMO, That's where scouting is important. BUT, we can't overemphasize the coaching staff. Just as said in QB related threads, top 10 players go to bottom 10 teams
Scouting ain't that important in 2019 until later round. It still up to GM or coach too pick players..u can go on line and look at players these days..

Or Harbaugh leans on him. Wouldn't be the 1st HC to rein in a running QB
Harbaugh's is good coach. He just team to jackson strength. Run and pass. They got finish strong and get that trophy. Or else them defense coordinator giong figure them up...

Scouting ain't that important in 2019 until later round. It still up to GM or coach too pick players..u can go on line and look at players these days..

No offense, but you don't actually think scouts can do their job online as well as they could do it exhaustive tape and in-person. Right?

Or once he gets the snot knocked outta him a few times. Running to avoid the rush or seeing an opening to scramble for some yards is one thing, designed QB running options is another. The running QB's who make it in this league use their running ability as a last resort when all else fails, the ones who think they are going to come in and run the ball all over the place for yardage like they did in college are in for a rude awakening and don't last long. Jackson throws a nice ball and can run, as I said, I suspect he'll be running less and less as time passes and run only out of necessity. I don't know of a team that will want their star QB risking injury by running the ball all of the time, injuries are inevitable and you don't want to risk your star asset.

We'll see...

Until we see, we should get used to the Ravens being the prohibitive favorite to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. If Jackson makes the Super Bowl, he'll be almost as successful as any Dolphin QB since Bob Griese.

With our FA money, we buy positions where experience>raw talent and then we draft guys at positions where raw talent and youth > experienced (and aged).
I mean, that would be smart.

Back
Top Bottom