Draft needs | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft needs

If this entire season was about being able to draft a franchise QB they can build the team around, Grier needs to get on the phone today and tell the Bengals he will give them all three of the Dolphins 2020 first round picks and a first round pick in 2021.

I realize we have numerous holes on the team but Burrow is a QB who makes everyone around him better and the Dolphins can still rebuild around him over the next three drafts and in free agency.

If this entire season was about being able to draft a franchise QB they can build the team around, Grier needs to get on the phone today and tell the Bengals he will give them all three of the Dolphins 2020 first round picks and a first round pick in 2021.

I realize we have numerous holes on the team but Burrow is a QB who makes everyone around him better and the Dolphins can still rebuild around him over the next three drafts and in free agency.
And they'll laugh at that offer and take him.

Everybody got what they wanted. A couple of wins this season. Now deal with the consequences.

Offer the Bengals all 5 first rounders and one of the second rounders. And pray they’re dumb enough to accept.

And they'll laugh at that offer and take him.

Everybody got what they wanted. A couple of wins this season. Now deal with the consequences.
You are probably right. They would be dumb to trade the first pick in the draft but this is the Bengals, so you never know. The reality is the Tank For Tua crowd are the fans who didn’t want the Dolphins to win so the Dolphins could draft him.
Since Tua was injured, the Dolphins didn’t need to have the first pick to draft him anyway. Burrow came out of nowhere and no Dolphin fans were wanting to tank for Burrow before the season started. So the Tank for Tua fans will still have a chance for the Dolphins to draft him while the Bengals will get the best QB in the draft.

You are probably right. They would be dumb to trade the first pick in the draft but this is the Bengals, so you never know. The reality is the Tank For Tua crowd are the fans who didn’t want the Dolphins to win so the Dolphins could draft him.
Since Tua was injured, the Dolphins didn’t need to have the first pick to draft him anyway. Burrow came out of nowhere and no Dolphin fans were wanting to tank for Burrow before the season started. So the Tank for Tua fans will still have a chance for the Dolphins to draft him while the Bengals will get the best QB in the draft.
The "Tank for Tua" crowd actually just wanted to be in a position to draft the best player available which was Tua before his injury and would've just been Burrow now, but instead, we decided to sign and start Fitzpatrick.

But that's ok. "Culture" matters more than great players, so we're totally going to be better than the Bengals in the next decade.

5 first round picks for one QB?

Oh my. Hyperbole has died and come to haunt FinHeaven.

We've been mediocre for quite awhile, but that would be a historic and insane amount to pay for a single player.

I'm curious... can you imagine a hard-working straight shooter like Flores signing off on something like that?

1a BPA (except a RB or WR)
1b BPA (except a RB or WR)
1c BPA (except a RB or WR)
2a BPA (except a RB or WR)
2b BPA (except a RB or WR)
3. BPA (except a RB or WR)

I find it hard to fault with this approach.

There may be other approaches just as good. I will be looking forward to:

1) Our FA selections and trades prior to the draft. That will certainly indicate what positions they are looking for in the draft (or will no longer be looking for).

2) The draft itself. Will we trade for more draft picks this year and next year? What positions will we address?

3) UDFA selections. This will tell us what positions the F.O. feel they have not covered adequately in FA or the draft.

4) FA selections and trades after the draft. This will be the final major attempt to address our teams weaknesses.

5) Seeing what we do with regards to players on other teams who get cut. This will probably be a "catch as you can" scenario as opposed to a highly focused series of selections.

6) Training camp and who we end up keeping on the roster and the practice squad.

7) There are likely to be some final trades and acquisitions as the season begins. I think this will continue throughout the season, as it did this season. I consider it a worthwhile endeavor, considering our current general weakness across the playing field.

I've always enjoyed the team building aspects of the NFL more than anything else, and this season has been so much fun from that perspective.

Now to see if we can make intelligent FA signings without breaking the bank or signing me-first players. I'm still thinking RG, slot corner, and RB in free agency, but we will have to see if players are even willing to sign with us.

If the team doesn't have a QB that they want who is available without trading the entire draft, then I would go BPA until the the second round, and perhaps even the third. We need so much talent, I hope we don't reach. In fact, trading down makes even more sense, amass more picks and BPA at targeted positions a little more freely. In this scenario, start Rosen next year and draft the QB in the following draft.

Back
Top Bottom