Draft News from ESPN | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft News from ESPN

iceblizzard69

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I saw this all on TV.

The Jets supposedly traded up to draft to draft DT Dewayne Robertson. If he is drafted before (because a team trades up), then the Jets have three options: CB Terrance Newman, WR Charles Rogers, and DT Jimmy Kennedy. Edwards wants a good run defense, something he hasn't had recently, and he desires a DT.

The Lions are weighing five options: WR Charles Rogers, CB Terrance Newman, and three trades from the following teams: New Orleans, New England, and Dallas. New Orleans and New England are both willing to give at least their two first rounders this year for the 2nd pick. New Orleans and New England desire DT Dewayne Robertson, while Dallas desires CB Terrance Newman.

The Houston Texans would probably draft WR Andre Johnson over WR Charles Rogers, which is why ESPN said that the Jets are weighing Rogers as one of the three possible picks instead of Johnson.

I hate to say: "I told you so".... and admittedly it hasn't happened yet, but......About a month ago I predicted that the Jets would trade up using their two number ones. I then presented a suituation whereby the Jets may end up with Charles Rodgers. Now I know that He may not produce fantastic numbers from day one, but Rodgers IMO has a bigger upside than Coles did.

I only mention this because my worst nightmare (outside the Phins picks) was for the Jets to land Rogers.

PLEASE NO! IT CAN NOT BE! IF THE JETS TAKE TERRENCE NEWMAN I THINK I WILL DIE TODAY BECAUSE OF A HEART ATTACK BECAUSE I WILL WORK MY HEART SO HARD BY BEATING THE SHIZZNAB OUTTA MY HOUSE! LAST YEAR IT WAS THE BEST SAFETY K-STATE HAS EVER HAD, JON McGRAW AND THIS YEAR THE JETS COULD TAKE THE BEST PLAY K-STATE HAS EVER HAD?????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PLEASE STOP MY SUFFERING!

Alright, I'm done venting. Sorry about that. Detroit better take Terrence Newman. I can't stand to see him next to Bill Parcells or in puke green for his career.

My projected top five is:

1. Cincinnati - QB Carson Palmer
2. Detroit - WR Charles Rogers
3. Houston - WR Andre Johnson
4. New York Jets - DT Dewayne Robertson
5. Dallas - CB Terence Newman

If Detroit takes Newman, the Jets would most likely take Rogers. However, if Detroit takes Rogers, the Jets won't get Newman or Rogers, so everything will be good. :cool:

I don't think the Jets will end up taking Newman under any circumstance.

Ice, that's every person's projected top 5. lol. I haven't seen one expert that hasn't had that in their top 5.

Originally posted by breckenridge55
Ice, that's every person's projected top 5. lol. I haven't seen one expert that hasn't had that in their top 5.

Well, it's pretty obvious that the top 5 will end up going like that.....

Phinphan, as soon as the Jets acquired their second first rounder, everyone and their sister speculated about the Jets possibly trading up to get Charles Rogers or Andre Johnson.

It's finally here. The Bengals are on the clock, and the 2003 NFL Draft is underway. Happy Draft Day everyone!

Back
Top Bottom