Draft News | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft News

ChambersWI

Going Ghost
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.football.com/cgi-bin/posters/printPost.cgi?category=draftnotes&at=draft1.shtml

The Miami Dolphins have had UAB wide receiver Roddy White, Northern Colorado wide receiver Vincent Jackson, Virginia linebacker Darryle Blackstock, N.C. State offensive tackle Chris Colmer, Oklahoma safety Brodney Pool in for private visits with the team in recent days. As was first reported by Jason Cole of the Miami Herald, Utah quarterback Alex Smith is scheduled to visit next week. Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald reports that Maryland defensive end/linebacker Shawne Merriman is also scheduled to visit the team.

Cal quarterback Aaron Rodgers had a private workout with Tampa Bay last weekend (Saturday), which featured future Hall of Fame wide receiver Jerry Rice on the receiving end of his passes. He will not have a private visit with Miami before the NFL Draft.

Sorry if this has already been posted
Auburn running back Carnell Williams has had a private visit with Minnesota... he will not have a private visit with Miami before the draft... he spent additional time with the Dolphins staff, including head coach Nick Saban after his recent on-campus workout for them.

Auburn running back Ronnie Brown will not have a private visit with Miami before the NFL Draft... he spent additional time with the Dolphins staff, including head coach Nick Saban after his recent on-campus workout for them.

Thanks, I like a lot of those players we're visiting with. Us not having a private workout with Brown concerns me a little, hopefully it doesnt mean anything.

DonShula84 said:
Thanks, I like a lot of those players we're visiting with. Us not having a private workout with Brown concerns me a little, hopefully it doesnt mean anything.

A lot of players that don't visit with certainn teams get drafted by them. Just because Ronnie didn't visit with us doesn't mean we won't pick him.

On that "top 20 day" a lot of players who will not be selected in the top 10 visited with us. We will not pick any of them with the number 2 overall pick.

Last year, Willis McGahee didn't even talk with the Bills much less visit them, and they took him in the top 10.

Any one of the RB's, Braylon Edwards, or Alex Smith is a possibility for us, we just don't know.

And that is a beautiful thing.

DolphinDevil28 said:
A lot of players that don't visit with certainn teams get drafted by them. Just because Ronnie didn't visit with us doesn't mean we won't pick him.

On that "top 20 day" a lot of players who will not be selected in the top 10 visited with us. We will not pick any of them with the number 2 overall pick.

Last year, Willis McGahee didn't even talk with the Bills much less visit them, and they took him in the top 10.

Any one of the RB's, Braylon Edwards, or Alex Smith is a possibility for us, we just don't know.

I know it doesnt necessarily mean anything, Im just saying I hope that it doesnt.

DolphinDevil28 said:

McGahee didnt go top top, he went somewhere in the mid to late 20's i believe. We all have no clue who Saban loves, thank god it is only a week away.

DolphinDevil28 said:

McGahee went 23rd overall and he was drafted the year before last.

And we did spend time with Ronnie at their workout so hopefully Saban has at least given a fair analysis if he shoots him down. I'm sure he will.

:cooldude:

The Miami herald reports that the Dolphins will have the entire draft class in for a visit next week............:roflmao:

I know we have plenty of D-lineman but I'm definitely a fan of Merriman. He's an absolute freak. :cooldude: That being said I still want one of the top 3 backs with our first pick. :D

Can't wait for next Saturday so this will all end. :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom