Draft not as good? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft not as good?

Noodleman

Starter
Reaction score
Just a quick question. How is it that the draft this year isn't as good as last year when Williams, who some had as a top 5 pick last year, will go anywhere from 2-10 this year?If this draft wasn't as good, wouldn't Williams be a number 1 overall this year? Just because the QB and OT classes are weak doesn't make this a bad draft. Just my opinion!

Noodleman said:
Just a quick question. How is it that the draft this year isn't as good as last year when Williams, who some had as a top 5 pick last year, will go anywhere from 2-10 this year?If this draft wasn't as good, wouldn't Williams be a number 1 overall this year? Just because the QB and OT classes are weak doesn't make this a bad draft. Just my opinion!

He was out of football for an entire season. Doesn't that drop ya down a little bit.

If Williams does not go 1st overall it is because in case you have not heard, he has not played a single snap in a year, or more. So no onw knows how rusty he is. So he is not a safe pick, so he cannot go 1st overall. Which says nothing about the talent this year.

Quelonio said:
If Williams does not go 1st overall it is because in case you have not heard, he has not played a single snap in a year, or more. So no onw knows how rusty he is. So he is not a safe pick, so he cannot go 1st overall. Which says nothing about the talent this year.

Williams lack of speed and explosion is the only reason he wont be taken #1 overall!

U dont forget how to play football just because u missed 1 season and its not like he isnt in tip-top shape!

I agree with shifty. Do you think Williams just sat on his a** for the year and ate bon bons? The guy is still 20(?), maybe 21. It would be my guess that he trained the whole season to be ready for this draft considering this is how he will make his money. Besides, I believe he had an excellent work-out for scouts. That coupled with the fact that he is young and most receiveras don't come into the league and do great their first year would cause me to believe that his draft stock would slip very little, if at all!

Back
Top Bottom