Draft Order after Four Weeks (top 15 picks) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Order after Four Weeks (top 15 picks)

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
I'm sure a lot will change between now and the end of the season, but here's the draft order after four weeks. Miami currently has picks #2 and #11 overall in round one.

1. Jets
2. Dolphins (from Texans)
3. Giants
4. Falcons
5. Jaguars
6. Washington
7. Cowboys
8. Broncos
9. Chargers
10. Vikings
11. Dolphins
12. Lions
13. Bengals
14. 49ers
15. Cardinals

I think the Giants could move higher. They look God Awful.
I think Atlanta will win a few, Cowboys too.
Very interesting. So apply this to round 2 as well, and we are looking at 4 of the top 44 picks.
Grier has got to nail those.

So far the worst team I have seen is the Jets.

Which is puzzling since they won 6 of their last 8 last year and have too much talent to be this bad.

Many thought that with a truncated training camp and no preseason games that the well coached teams would have an advantage.Well this appears to be a badly coached team being at a disadvantage.

The Giants look pretty bad too, followed by Atlanta and Washington in my view.

Would Wash or NYG dump their recent 1st round QB for Trevor?

Right now I see Miami winning 5-6 games(maybe 7)and finishing in the 7-10 area.

I think Houston rights the ship a little bit and does about the same.

So Miami ends up with 2 picks in the 7-12 area.

That would give them two starters or the ability to package some picks and move up for a stud like Parsons or Sewell.

The NFC East is horrible. Those teams will win a few because their schedules are so easy. I think Houston will pick at 5 and Miami will pick at 15.

So far the worst team I have seen is the Jets.

Which is puzzling since they won 6 of their last 8 last year and have too much talent to be this bad.

Many thought that with a truncated training camp and no preseason games that the well coached teams would have an advantage.Well this appears to be a badly coached team being at a disadvantage.

The Giants look pretty bad too, followed by Atlanta and Washington in my view.

Would Wash or NYG dump their recent 1st round QB for Trevor?

Right now I see Miami winning 5-6 games(maybe 7)and finishing in the 7-10 area.

I think Houston rights the ship a little bit and does about the same.

So Miami ends up with 2 picks in the 7-12 area.

That would give them two starters or the ability to package some picks and move up for a stud like Parsons or Sewell.
I agree. I don't see Houston at #2 overall, but maybe 5-7 wins. Miami could definitely be in a good position draft-wise.

The NFC East is horrible. Those teams will win a few because their schedules are so easy. I think Houston will pick at 5 and Miami will pick at 15.
That could be in the range for Parsons or Chase. I would think Sewell is top three.

Agreed, Sewell is the best OT prospect in quite some time, he will go 2nd or 3rd overall.

If Miami wants him they will have to trade up.

Agreed, Sewell is the best OT prospect in quite some time, he will go 2nd or 3rd overall.

If Miami wants him they will have to trade up.

The only glimmer of hope there is with Jets and Giants having taken LTs this last draft. Conversely, both teams likely regret their choices right now but I suspect neither will go LT again.

Sewell’s obviously got the talent to make a team take OT twice in a row though.

Here’s hoping Houston’s struggles continue and we can ironically land a prospect better than Tunsil with just one of the picks we got for him.

I’d double down on the OL and draft Creed Humphrey as well, probably in the 15th-17th window. If our first is 7,8,9ish you start looking for a trade down or take Parsons/Rousseau/Moses if your grade is top 10 on them. Gotta find an impact player in the front 7. I know a lot of people are clamoring for a WR with one of those first rounders but i don’t see it happening.

I suspect our FO will like the 2nd round options are WR or RB better and pull a skill guy there than top 12 or so.
I’m predicting we have the 6th(Houston) and 9th picks as of today.

Last edited:
I agree about looking for skill guys in round 2 but i would be more likely to go OL and DE/OLB in round 1 then double on on the OL.

Karras has been solid so far and might be the long term answer at C for Miami.

I would be tempted to use one of the 2nd rounders to move up for Sewell, I think he is going to be an All Pro, HOF type OT.

Go defensive front 7 with the other 1st and look for WR in round 2.

I'd like another young safety as well.

Then just keep swinging at mid round RB's until you hit.

I agree about looking for skill guys in round 2 but i would be more likely to go OL and DE/OLB in round 1 then double on on the OL.

Karras has been solid so far and might be the long term answer at C for Miami.

I would be tempted to use one of the 2nd rounders to move up for Sewell, I think he is going to be an All Pro, HOF type OT.

Go defensive front 7 with the other 1st and look for WR in round 2.

I'd like another young safety as well.

Then just keep swinging at mid round RB's until you hit.
I think the big question is when do you "gamble" on a defense end? There are interesting players, but lack of sure things.

If Sewell is there, I think you take him. But I agree I wouldn't take two offensive linemen in the first round.

Right now I am taking Parsons over any DE on the board, just on pure talent.
As much as Miami needs a defensive end who can rush the passer, I wouldn't force the pick.

Probably start looking in that direction in the second round range. There are three linebackers I like better than any DE, Parsons, Moses and Bolton. Some talented safeties as well.

Talented athlete but is he a DE?

I think he is a 3/4 edge rusher in the NFL.

That does not mean he could not be useful in Flores changing defensive fronts but I can't see him being a legit DE.

Also, how high would you take him?

Top 10?

That would be too high, in the 15-25 range more likely.

Back
Top Bottom