Draft Order after Four Weeks (top 15 picks) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Order after Four Weeks (top 15 picks)

Can I ask your opinions on a hypothetical situation guys? What if we do end up with the no 2 Texans pick, do we keep it and who do we go for or do we trade it for more picks in the draft?

Can I ask your opinions on a hypothetical situation guys? What if we do end up with the no 2 Texans pick, do we keep it and who do we go for or do we trade it for more picks in the draft?

The number 2 pick? I'm trying to trade down 110%. With Sewell and Fields on the board , you could get quite the haul of picks. Granted I wouldn't want to trade down too far but if you can stay in the top 7 picks while trading away #2 that's a big win. The goal is to get a first next year to continue our trend of two 1st round draft picks. My ideal outcome would be trade down > Draft #5-#7 range and select Gregory Rousseau.

The number 2 pick? I'm trying to trade down 110%. With Sewell and Fields on the board , you could get quite the haul of picks. Granted I wouldn't want to trade down too far but if you can stay in the top 7 picks while trading away #2 that's a big win. The goal is to get a first next year to continue our trend of two 1st round draft picks. My ideal outcome would be trade down > Draft #5-#7 range and select Gregory Rousseau.

I like the idea of trading down but I think Rousseau has bust written on him. To pass on Sewell would be tough but to only go down a few picks and get a Parsons or Chase would be ideal.

I just don’t want to trade too far down and end up with a Misi/Odrick situation.

I like the idea of trading down but I think Rousseau has bust written on him. To pass on Sewell would be tough but to only go down a few picks and get a Parsons or Chase would be ideal.

I just don’t want to trade too far down and end up with a Misi/Odrick situation.

To each his own, I see the next great defensive end. I'm a big Parsons fan too.

if I have the #2 pick I am taking Sewell there.

IF I can move down to #3 with a team that wants the 2nd QB and I can still have Sewell then more the better.

At what point do you just decide to take a sure fire stud? We have too much filler on our roster and no playmakers.
To each his own, I see the next great defensive end. I'm a big Parsons fan too.

I like your premise I just believe Parsons or Chase are sure fire All Pro types and will not bust. I love the idea of Rousseau just with opting out, I think it hurts his development and would like to see more.

if I have the #2 pick I am taking Sewell there.

IF I can move down to #3 with a team that wants the 2nd QB and I can still have Sewell then more the better.

Well if we are at 2 with Tua in tow everyone knows we are not taking Fields and a team at 3 knows he is dropping to them so unless we take Sewell at 2 we won’t get him as I don’t see him getting out of the top 3.

Well if we are at 2 with Tua in tow everyone knows we are not taking Fields and a team at 3 knows he is dropping to them so unless we take Sewell at 2 we won’t get him as I don’t see him getting out of the top 3.

If it looks like Miami is willing to drop lower than 3 so another team could take the QB then the club at #3 might be willing to move up one spot just to avoid the chance of missing their guy.

Obviously it would be in the Fin's interest to not telegraph their desire to take Sewell.

And with defensive needs it would not be too hard to make it look like they would go for Parsons at #2 over the OT.

We would need to see the Draft order to really get into potential moves though.

Can we turn our top 5 picks into parson, waddle, Roche and Najee please
Parsons and Waddle would be an impressive first round. Not real sure on Roche, or how Flo would use him. No denying his talent. Harris in round two could be in consideration for sure.

Somehow, someway I'd love to get either Humphrey or Davis and complete the rebuild of the offensive line in a huge way.

Parsons and Waddle would be an impressive first round. Not real sure on Roche, or how Flo would use him. No denying his talent. Harris in round two could be in consideration for sure.

Somehow, someway I'd love to get either Humphrey or Davis and complete the rebuild of the offensive line in a huge way.
I'd take creed in the second but honestly don't think he makes it

I'd take creed in the second but honestly don't think he makes it
Yeah, I doubt he makes it out of the first. After today's game, Robert Hunt should get more playing time so we should have a better read on whether Miami needs a right tackle.

I love how much the line has improved in just one year. I would love to see the Dolphins take the unit to a dominating level. Own those short yardage situations!

Would you use Roche as a rush linebacker? In a Van Noy role? He is an interesting player.

Yeah, I doubt he makes it out of the first. After today's game, Robert Hunt should get more playing time so we should have a better read on whether Miami needs a right tackle.

I love how much the line has improved in just one year. I would love to see the Dolphins take the unit to a dominating level. Own those short yardage situations!

Would you use Roche as a rush linebacker? In a Van Noy role? He is an interesting player.
I was asked the same question about Roche just the other day. DE to me is tricky this year. I don't think this is a strong class. But much like alot of debate on the here about does Flo want edge setters or sackers, I'm still trying to figure out. DE is the wildcard of the next off season and will be fun to follow.

I was asked the same question about Roche just the other day. DE to me is tricky this year. I don't think this is a strong class. But much like alot of debate on the here about does Flo want edge setters or sackers, I'm still trying to figure out. DE is the wildcard of the next off season and will be fun to follow.
I totally agree. Roche doesn't seem like a fit at DE. Flores seems to like those bigger players there, who can also set the edge. That's not Roche, but he can rush the passer.

It is an interesting year at the DE position. The more I look at the prospects there, I think Miami waits until the 2nd round.

Jones from Pittsburgh looks like a Flores type.

Parsons and Waddle might be the perfect 1-2 punch in round one.

Back
Top Bottom