Draft order should season not happen or conclude? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft order should season not happen or conclude?

NJPHINFAN79

Active Roster
Reaction score
What would happen in a scenario where the season is cut short?

How many games would/could determine a new draft order?
Or would last years draft order remain for another cycle?
Or would it be like the NBA less wins means more chances in a lottery type setup?

I haven’t been visiting the site as often since this pandemic so my apologies if this has been discussed previously.

I don't think the NFL has addressed this.

They are going full steam ahead with playing in 2020.

Since this has never happened before, the NFL would have to come up with something new.

...and since every team would invariably vote for the plan that would benefit them the most... expect that negotiation to be VERY ugly.

I'm not sure what criteria they would use. But I am sure that no matter what they use, the Patriots, and their manila envelope of Goodell pictures, will end up with the first pick for Trevor Lawrence.

I would not be surprised but if Patriots are the worst team in the NFL then so be it

A lottery system makes the most sense. But how they create that system, remains to be seen.

They should rotate in incriminates of 5. So if in the last draft the team that drafted number 11 they would go to 6. If the team drafted number 6 they would go for 7.

If no season is played a lottery seems to be the best option, but to protect against the Chiefs, Patriots or some other team who really shouldn’t be rewarded the bounty of the top pick, maybe they can create a tier lottery.

Last year’s 1 through 6 teams would be drawn for picks 1 through 6. 7 through 12 for the coinciding picks, and so on.

It’s not ideal, but nothing will be if there’s no season.

I'm all for just repeating the 2020 draft order. Since the Patriots have a boat load of cap space they will push to just make every rookie in the 2021 class a free agent.

I could see each round having a different order. I don't play fantasy but have heard of drafts like 1 to 32 then 32 to 1. I can see something like that.

Lottery has no place in the NFL..imo.

If they 6 or 8 games just go with the same format, win loss record.

Back
Top Bottom