Draft Picks other then QB.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Picks other then QB..

Gonzofinfan

Super Donator
Reaction score
I know thats the talk on the forum but who are the college athletes you would like us to take.. I'll Start off

1. Andrew Thomas- Lockdown LT for the next decade imo, Great for the run and good in Pass Protection.. Great Measurables
2. Edwards Helaire- Guy is a nasty runner, Short but with a mean streak to finish runs.. He is being mocked in rounds 2 or 3 and i think he would be an absolute steal
3. Anfernee Jennings- Need better Linebacking play good 2nd round pick
4.Tedarrol Slayton- Mammoth DT 6-5 343 pounds who we need to plug into the middle of our defense would be a good pick in round 2 as well.

Guys possibly for the later first*.

*Kenny Willekes and/or Curtis Weaver for edge rushers.

*Shane Lemieux, guard from Oregon. Long term starter that can run/pass block.

Later on:

Evan Weaver, could be someone to watch, depending on his combine. Tackling machine. 180+ stops in 2019. Tad limited athletically, but if he can read plays well in the NFL then he can still succeed. Maybe a 2 down guy at first to start.

Tyrie Cleveland. See him as a guy who can make his bread and butter on STs his rookie year, did well as a gunner and then develop into a depth/decent receiver that has size and speed.

Leki Fotu, NT. Big strong run stopping NT. May be limited as a passrusher but if he can occupy 2 OL then it helps the others.

Andrew Thomas is an elite prospect, but he’s most likely going top 4 to a team that doesn’t need a QB.

There is a lot of talent in the first 3 rounds this year. I’d like to see a QB, 2 OL, a Pass Rusher, and a RB in our first 5 picks. In any particular order, although I’d assume the QB would be at 5.

Tyler Biadasz (C) from Wisconsin is a high priority target for me in the 1st. I believe he could lead our OL for many years.

Reactions: BSQ
Getting Tua is paramount, after that we have so many holes to fill we can always take BPA and fill a need. The following are some of the kids that may be BPA in round one when we pick: Simmons LB/S. Chaisson DE/OLB, CeeDee Lamb WR, Juedy WR, Badiasz C, Josh Jones OT, Mekhi Becton OT, Xavier McKinney S, Shenault WR, CJ Henderson CB, Trevon Diggs CB, Espensa DE and Ruggs WR.

I would love to see the following in aqua but unlikely to be there when we pick with our 2nd first rounder, Okudah, Brown, Wirfs, Thomas, Wills and Brown.

This WR and RB class is stacked, for RBs I would love to get one or perhaps two of the following: Dobbins, Etitiene, Jonathan Taylor, Edwards-Helaire and Najee Harris with a high pick. Lamical Perine, Zack Moss, Key'Shawn Vaughn and Patrick Taylor with a lower pick. Unfortunately Chuba Hubbard is returning to school or he would also be on my list.

For WR outside of round one: Reagur, Aiyuk, Gabe Davis, Claypool, Mims, Speilman, Cephus and Van Jefferson. Could name more, this is such a stacked class, we need a speed burner or slot guy to replace Wilson I feel but I wouldn't pass on a bigger body (like a lot of these guys are) in the value is like

Other D prospects I would like to see; Greenard, Zuniga, David Reese from the wonderful Gators :) JR Reed, Julian Blackmon, the other Lamar Jackson, Bryce Hall and Jaylon Johnson in the secondary. Raekwon Davis, Leki Fotu, Julian Okwara, Terrell Lewis, Joshua Uche and Alex Hishsmith on the Dline. Not that high on many of the LBs outside of the round one guys, Patrick Queen and Reese as I mentioned are the only ones I see value in Queen showed what he is all about last night and may have jump a round or two in his projection.

Last edited:
I would like round 1 to be foundational meaning no RB or WR, more in the D/O-line or QB position.

But in Round 3/4 I would say Lynn Bowden out of Kentucky if the punch and fight thing doesnt kill his stock- kid is an alpha dog and the WR room needs one. Is a total mismatch weapon who can be used as a WR, HB, H-back, K/PR and even throw the ball.

I will be intrigued to see how Centers test and see if Harris out of Washington jumps up boards. And I think guards will be a round 2 hot spot and I am personally a huge fan of John Simpson out of Clemson.

Last edited:
Antonie Winfield Jr and Tyler Badass need to be Phins.

Totally underrated guy with his own injury history but can play both safety positions and I would have no issue with him in aqua and orange next year. Seems to have good ball skills and will pop you when he can. Let Rowe cover TEs and let him roam deep and fly around in the run game.

Totally underrated guy with his own injury history but can play both safety positions and I would have no issue with him in aqua and orange next year. Seems to have good ball skills and will pop you when he can. Let Rowe cover TEs and let him roam deep and fly around in the run game.
I much prefer Winfield over Delpit

I much prefer Winfield over Delpit

Delpit is one of those tremendously physically gifted and athletic guys. But is in a secondary with 2 first round CBs which allows him to roam free. And he doesnt tackle great, typically see him diving low to make tackles which just doesnt go well in the NFL. But he will flash and make wow plays

Winfield has tremendous instincts and plays with smarts, his defensive backfield isnt as talented so he is the communicator and leader, being a lineage guy he knows the NFL and what it takes to be successful. Plus with the injury history he has a HUGE chip on his shoulder.

So between these two its really which do you want, a mega athletic freak who makes flashy plays and looks good flying around to the ball and will have a play or two a game where you say wow and a few where you scream "you gotta make that tackle". Or a headsy well rounded guy who understands single high and man concepts and isnt looking for PBUs; he is a ball hawk who has a returners mentality once his hands are on the ball.

Delpit is one of those tremendously physically gifted and athletic guys. But is in a secondary with 2 first round CBs which allows him to roam free. And he doesnt tackle great, typically see him diving low to make tackles which just doesnt go well in the NFL. But he will flash and make wow plays

Winfield has tremendous instincts and plays with smarts, his defensive backfield isnt as talented so he is the communicator and leader, being a lineage guy he knows the NFL and what it takes to be successful. Plus with the injury history he has a HUGE chip on his shoulder.

So between these two its really which do you want, a mega athletic freak who makes flashy plays and looks good flying around to the ball and will have a play or two a game where you say wow and a few where you scream "you gotta make that tackle". Or a headsy well rounded guy who understands single high and man concepts and isnt looking for PBUs; he is a ball hawk who has a returners mentality once his hands are on the ball.
I take the communicator and leader.
Watching Delpit last night against nfl talent he was crap. The announcers weren't even holding back on pointing out how he was disappointing. Which he has been all year. Against good teams he was non existent. Totally not a fan of his.

Winfield Jr is 5'10 210 and plays like his dad. What is not to like about this kid.

Does have an injury history but the kid can flat out play, I can imagine his understanding of offensive concepts learned from his dad puts him way ahead of the curve.

Dolphins need some good luck this yr in draft.. they got pick starter out of first rd.. 14 pick. We need a leased 5 good players.. I dont care who they draft but they definitely need hit on some of them early pick...

Back
Top Bottom