Draft Picks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Picks

HollowBeast

Active Roster
Reaction score
I feel the Bengals would love to land Jamar Chase at 5 to give Joe Burrow his old favorite, But they may think we will take him at three , so they may want to move picks with us , or Joe Brady and Carolina would give him a long look at 8 , but they could be tempted with a Qb. But may want to move with us , Detroit might want a new QB, so those three may be teams to move with.
Bit I would not go any lower than 8 , we may still get Smith Or Waddle
Sewell is so tempting at three as is Parsons ,
we cannot afford the dollars many year to Howard and Jones at Corner. Do we Jump on Surtain and Be ready to groom him?
I feel ours second first round pick consider Najee Harris that battery ram Rb
the wish list with our number two picks would be any combo of theses
One of these centers Landon Dickson or creed Humphrey
or Lb. Moses. Or Browning or Bolton
DT. Barramore
OT. Mayfield or Leatherwood
there is so much talent before pick 60.
I would not be surprised if we travel down thru round 1 picking up some picks from 44 to 60. Or picks in 2022 .

If Cinci trades with us they are coming for OT Sewel not a receiver. They desperately need to protect Burrow whom got his brains beat in. Could happen but I doubt it as Cinci normally doesn't trade.

We are in a perfect spot for a trade down. With 3 high end qb prospects and Atlanta with the 4th pick, some team will want to move in front of Atlanta. Atlanta is going to replace Ryan sooner than later.

Should make Atlanta want to move up, if they fear us trading out of the spot.

Surtain is an interesting option. Feels like a luxury pick, but we know Flores loves the secondary and perhaps Surtain could initially play safety.

If Miami trades down from #3, my best guess is they would target a wide receiver.

I think the dream scenario is trading down to 6 (Philly) or 7 (Det) and still being able to nab Smith or Chase which given the scenarios is a possibility. That could land us at least another early 2nd round pick and still come away with a player we would've been ok with drafting at #3. This is all contingent on our rookie linemen and what the organization's comfort level is though because Sewell is a potential game changer.

Last edited:
If this draft really has all these Wide receivers available-I would like to see them follow what I seen earlier. Take Sewel with the third pick and then take the best available Running back.Like maybe the young man from Ohio State. Plan on watching him play Alabama to find out if he is all they say he is. I watched Marino waste his career because we never gave him a Running attack. I do not look forward to watching this happen to Tua. We have a very rare chance to do something special with this third pick. I really hope we get some help for Tua.It would be nice to watch a Power Running Attack that people feared again.

If this draft really has all these Wide receivers available-I would like to see them follow what I seen earlier. Take Sewel with the third pick and then take the best available Running back.Like maybe the young man from Ohio State. Plan on watching him play Alabama to find out if he is all they say he is. I watched Marino waste his career because we never gave him a Running attack. I do not look forward to watching this happen to Tua. We have a very rare chance to do something special with this third pick. I really hope we get some help for Tua.It would be nice to watch a Power Running Attack that people feared again.
They tried to get Marino a running back. The problem was Shula's allegiance to Olivedatti.

Yes this rests the defense, helps the QB and also opens up the passing game because of the respect of a rushing attack.

If there is a proper offer for # 3, I would take it. Cannot involve dropping any lower than # 8, and must include a high 2nd this year, or a 1st next year. Nothing else is acceptable.

If that doesn't materialize, take Sewell @ #3, then Najee @ #18. We might have a shot at good WR's @ #36, like T. Marshall or C. Olave, etc. Add 1 there, and BPA @ #50. Humphries (probably a pipe dream) or Dickerson would be nice there. Real nice.

I think adding Rodgers or Schwartz with #81 would be a good idea also.

Worst case scenario in my eyes is no acceptable offer for #3, and the Jets taking Sewell. May need to add Parsons at that point!

If there is a proper offer for # 3, I would take it. Cannot involve dropping any lower than # 8, and must include a high 2nd this year, or a 1st next year. Nothing else is acceptable.

If that doesn't materialize, take Sewell @ #3, then Najee @ #18. We might have a shot at good WR's @ #36, like T. Marshall or C. Olave, etc. Add 1 there, and BPA @ #50. Humphries (probably a pipe dream) or Dickerson would be nice there. Real nice.

I think adding Rodgers or Schwartz with #81 would be a good idea also.

Worst case scenario in my eyes is no acceptable offer for #3, and the Jets taking Sewell. May need to add Parsons at that point!
I could see us dropping down with the 18th pick and grabbing Najee.

Iā€™m good with taking Sewell at 3 and Collins at 18

Then youā€™re also good with another season of the same offensive output MIA had this season.

Iā€™m not.

Enough with the defense in the 1st round nonsense already. If MIA takes Sewell #3 then #18 better be used or leveraged for an offensive play maker.

Last edited:
I feel the Bengals would love to land Jamar Chase at 5 to give Joe Burrow his old favorite, But they may think we will take him at three , so they may want to move picks with us , or Joe Brady and Carolina would give him a long look at 8 , but they could be tempted with a Qb. But may want to move with us , Detroit might want a new QB, so those three may be teams to move with.
Bit I would not go any lower than 8 , we may still get Smith Or Waddle
Sewell is so tempting at three as is Parsons ,
we cannot afford the dollars many year to Howard and Jones at Corner. Do we Jump on Surtain and Be ready to groom him?
I feel ours second first round pick consider Najee Harris that battery ram Rb
the wish list with our number two picks would be any combo of theses
One of these centers Landon Dickson or creed Humphrey
or Lb. Moses. Or Browning or Bolton
DT. Barramore
OT. Mayfield or Leatherwood
there is so much talent before pick 60.
I would not be surprised if we travel down thru round 1 picking up some picks from 44 to 60. Or picks in 2022 .
Cincinnati never trades draft picks. Ever. They just have never done it.

Back
Top Bottom