Draft Picks | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Picks

I wouldnt worry about it as i feel the jets will take him. Sewell and 2,000lb Mechi Becton seals of both ends for the next decade and jet qb's will be able to eat their lunch and grab a quick nap in the pocket. It will be bombs away all game.

I see them trading up for zach if they are done with darnold and i am not so sure they are. A sewell/becton tackle pairing may overcome waiting on a rookie qb for a couple three years for that rookie to take over, if he could. Sewell/Becton pays off immediately. Now, had trevor been available, could have been a much different scenario.
The Jets would be dumb to take Sewell. In five yrs you have to pay both if they become very good that is 60 million per yr. tied up in tackles , probably a quarter of the salary cap. Becton could not play right tackle in college very well. So the Jets would be drafting Sewell at 2 and playing him for his career out of position at right tackle? This the best-left tackle prospect in a decade. It does seem like a Jets move after they spent a decade drafting DL man in the first round. Maybe they will draft o-line man with every first pick in this decade

In the later rounds I would like Elijah Moore out of Ole Miss thank you

Ramondre is a 4th rounder and that's 'cause I'm being generous and actually like him. He's more like an H-Back/FB than a pure RB. He was considered a straight FB until he lost some weight and got to carry the ball some this year.

I would rather the HB/TE from UM, Brevin Jordan, in that type of role.

Just draft the best WR and RB. Tired of this never drafting a top notch playmaker. We need difference makers on the offense side of the ball. Game changers. The Scouts and Grier need to step up their game big time!
Not just draft WR and RB but WR and RB early.
Another WR later.

If there is a proper offer for # 3, I would take it. Cannot involve dropping any lower than # 8, and must include a high 2nd this year, or a 1st next year. Nothing else is acceptable.

If that doesn't materialize, take Sewell @ #3, then Najee @ #18. We might have a shot at good WR's @ #36, like T. Marshall or C. Olave, etc. Add 1 there, and BPA @ #50. Humphries (probably a pipe dream) or Dickerson would be nice there. Real nice.

I think adding Rodgers or Schwartz with #81 would be a good idea also.

Worst case scenario in my eyes is no acceptable offer for #3, and the Jets taking Sewell. May need to add Parsons at that point!
Your stipulations crack me up.

I want to trade down! But no lower than 8! Which means only five teams can trade with me !

good luck with this.

Surtain is an interesting option. Feels like a luxury pick, but we know Flores loves the secondary and perhaps Surtain could initially play safety.

If Miami trades down from #3, my best guess is they would target a wide receiver.
I wouldn’t be surprised if we trade X if he demands his contract be reworked. If that happens Surtain is definitely in play for us. We could trade as low as 8 and end up with Surtain (3QBs, Smith, Parsons, Sewell, Chase top 7).

Assuming we don't trade it all away for Watson, I SO hope we can trade down like people are posting. But I think in general trade down offers are rarer than we think. Teams may sit tight and let the qb's fall to them, like we and LAC did last year.

At least we have the luxury of time. The Jets probably won’t be done with the coaching search until after the super bowl, and I think we will get an idea when they name their new guy if he is the type to want to start fresh with his own quarterback or not. Frankly, Darnold was statistically one of the worst this year. He is no sure thing. I would think the new guy in New York will want to upgrade if “his guy” is sitting there in his lap. If we get a good showing from Fields against Alabama, and some of the other guys show really well at the combine, Miami is sitting very pretty at number three. I expect us to get into the Watson story and float that we are willing to deal Tua and it is a total ruse to sow the seeds that we might just have a man crush on Fields. Lets talk Atlanta. Lets talk Cincinnati. PS- I value Kyle Pitts over any receiver in this draft, no offense. Think what Gronk does for Brady. Name one of his wide receivers. They are interchangeable.

Your stipulations crack me up.

I want to trade down! But no lower than 8! Which means only five teams can trade with me !

good luck with this.
Exactly! I crack myself up sometimes too!
No good offer, stand pat.

Easy peasy Third Eye! 👍

Deshaun at 25yo is very interesting. Considering its free money. Give em Tua and a 3 and that's the offer. take it or leave it.
Then pick up best RB,WR and rest for D

I could see us dropping down with the 18th pick and grabbing Najee.
I could see us taking Najee 36th. Every year they mock RBs in the 1st round and they all fall to the 2nd. The only exception is when playoff teams with no holes take a flyer on someone like the Chiefs with CEH.

Tua, 3, 18, 36, 50 and next years 1st and 2nd for Deshaun!

So you want to give up all our picks and take away all our picks so Watson has a similar team to last years Texans, brilliant!

Back
Top Bottom