Draft Picks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Picks

What would you rather have?

• Total voters

finsnchips

2005 FinHeaven GM League Champion!!
Reaction score
Saban loves drafts picks but what would you rather have?

Ah the benefit of hindsight, i can see this being a touch one sided!

I'd pick the draft picks only cause we pick so high this year...but on the other hand what if lamar gordon and feeley turn out to be the guys

Fins, I stop beating a dead horse, man. We all know mistakes were made in the past. :)

Surferosa said:
Fins, I stop beating a dead horse, man. We all know mistakes were made in the past. :)
haha... tru, but I really didn't think it would be one sided... I thought some people would take the 'proven' talents of Feeley and Gordon over the 'unproven' talents of two rookies.

finsnchips said:
yup... hindsight is 20/20

The hindsight comments are true. But, I was regretting the 2nd round pick trade the day we made it! I think others were as well. I, and others, have been saying this for a few years - you DON'T trade away future draft picks!

The same thing happened when we traded the 3rd round pick last year. I thought, "why give up a future draft choice?"

And, Saban is recognizing the same point. You can't build a team with out getting draft picks and lots of talented youth into the organization. I knew then that Dave and Rick were mortgaging the future of the team for one year.

It may be beating a dead horse, but at least the point is hitting home about what a series of bad moves RS made.

Da 'Fins said:
The hindsight comments are true. But, I was regretting the 2nd round pick trade the day we made it! I think others were as well. I, and others, have been saying this for a few years - you DON'T trade away future draft picks!

The same thing happened when we traded the 3rd round pick last year. I thought, "why give up a future draft choice?"

And, Saban is recognizing the same point. You can't build a team with out getting draft picks and lots of talented youth into the organization. I knew then that Dave and Rick were mortgaging the future of the team for one year.

It may be beating a dead horse, but at least the point is hitting home about what a series of bad moves RS made.
The craziest move was in '03... '03 third for '04 second... how on earth does that make sense, it just isn't at all logical. As it turned out, that '04 second got Corey Dillon for the Pats.

Guys stop beating a dead anything, we do not know how things are going to turn out with feeley, I think he will be pretty good once all of the dust settle, and besides the guy played hurt last year getting pummeled by every team he faced defense. So there is no hindsight to see, give the man a chance to play with talent and under a decent head coach.

I agree, but you're talking about a young player also, and there is no great QB or RB until the athelete produces that way, ie Tom Brady 6th round, so the value of most drafts are in the later rounds because those are the ones that aren't really expected to do anything.

This isn't second guessing, not even 1 percent

Feeley wasn't worth a 2. Gordon even less deserving of a 3. And a desperate infantile fearful thought wasn't worth donating an extra 4 for Carey.

Saban has been more than kind in his language regarding our squandered picks, and that philosophy in general. Years from now I'm sure he will describe it in more colorful and accurate terms, regardless of how his tenure as coach unfolds.

Back
Top Bottom