• No to Trade but generally like the Mock

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Slainte

High Five
Reaction score
Would you make this trade?

#19 to the Raiders (wanting to move back into 1st for D Carr) for #36 and #67

Trade our 1st rounder for their early 2nd and 3rd rounders. Draft pick value is close-ish 875 to 795.

Round 1
Trade #19 (value 875) to Raiders (D Carr) for #36 and #67 (value 795)

Raiders want jump Arizona, KC, Cinci, San Diego, and Cleveland allpotentially in the mix for a QB to groom.

Round 2
#36 Gabe Jackson, RG, Mississippi St.
NFL.com
Big, thickly built, relatively polished blocker who brings a steadyingpresence to the interior offensive line. Dependability and effectivenessblocking for pass and run combined with sterling intangibles, including footballintelligence, make him capable of starting as a rookie and holding down aposition for years to come.

#50 Joel Bitonio, G/OT, Nevada
NFL.com
An undersized college left tackle who projects best to the inside in thepros. Displays the tenacity, leg drive and mean streak that is highly covetedby OL coaches and could drive up his draft status. Could require some initialpatience moving inside, yet possesses the skill set, intelligence and desire tosuccessfully convert.

Round 3
#67 Telvin Smith, S/OLB, Florida State
NFL.com
A fast-flowing, instinctive, run-and-hit weakside linebacker capable ofproducing at a high level if he can bulk up and withstand the rigors of theNFL.

#81 DaQuan Jones, DT, Penn St
NFL.com
Big, strong-bodied interior force who shed weight and improved hisstamina as a senior, displaying NFL-caliber physicality in the trenches. Hasbeen inconsistent in the past, but if the light has come on, Jones' combinationof size, power and movement enables him to play as a 4-3 one-technique or 3-4five-technique.

Round 4
#112 Rashaad Reynolds, CB, Oregon State
Good functional football player who capped his college career with agame-changing MVP performance in the Hawaii Bowl, where he returned two fumblerecoveries for touchdowns. Has starter-quality physical traits and thepositional skill to contribute readily in the pros. An underrated clingy coverman with a natural feel for the game.

Round 5
#145 T.J. Jones, WR, Notre Dame
Athletic, smooth-moving, polished receiver who runs crisp routes, hasterrific hands and boasts NFL bloodlines. Balanced skill set, dependability andversatility will be valued at the next level, where he could be a productive No.2 or No. 3 receiver in a sophisticated passing system. Arrow pointing up.

Round 6
#166 Max Bullough, LB, Michigan St.
Big, tough, experienced, durable, competitive Mike linebacker who was aheart-and-soul type for the stingiest defense in college football. Like a coachon the field, Bullough is a throwback talent whose instincts and technique willhave to compensate for athletic limitations for him to win a starting role

Round 7
Lorenzo Taliaferro, RB, Coastal Carolina
A big, small-school producer with a solid all-around skill set to competefor a job as a role player in a zone scheme. Will need to contribute on specialteams to earn a spot.

Thoughts on Poll and/or Mock

I like the trade and I think that's actually a very logical trade partner. As for the draft it doesn't suck but I'm not a fan for a number of reasons. First of all Gabe Jackson is not a scheme fit at 340...so he really shouldn't be in play. Bitonio would be a fine fit there as a RT, haven't watched Smith but we need a LBer. It'd be totally illogical to burn a pick on a DT with Odrick, Starks and Mitchell in the fold. Taliaferro is intriguing late. Give me:

36. Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio St.
50. Brandon Thomas, OL, Clemson
67. ASJ/Niklas if they're there.
81. Trai Turner, OG, LSU
Rnd 7. Antonio Andrews,

It's always nice getting extra picks but I would just as soon stay put. I am hoping we can get Zack Nartin at #19....if he is gone than we likely would miss out on another solid O-lineman like Morgan Moses. I think we could draft both of them if they are available. You don't trade one great Ferrari for two really good Jaguars. Always take the best you can right away.

It depends who is there at 19. If there's not really any compelling players then that deal is fine.

Thanks for the feedback. I am a fan of your selections as well. I hear conflicting things about Gabe's athletic and ZBS abillity, from what I have seen he seems capable but then again I am no guru...

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

It's always nice getting extra picks but I would just as soon stay put. I am hoping we can get Zack Nartin at #19....if he is gone than we likely would miss out on another solid O-lineman like Morgan Moses. I think we could draft both of them if they are available. You don't trade one great Ferrari for two really good Jaguars. Always take the best you can right away.

But what if there are no Ferrari's left??? And I am more of a VW microbus camper kind of guy...

Back
Top Bottom