Draft Positioning Question | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Positioning Question

I believe we already had the 4th pick prior to yesterday, yesterday just unfortunately furthered our SOS lead. Ultimately we want to lose our and for the jets/bills and pats to lose as much as possible. Also want the whole nfc east to win as much. Fortunately we still play the giants and eagles so we can add 4 games onto their SOS with losses. Also pray for a bengals miracle over the jets this week and then this thing really gets interesting because bengals have a very high SOS

Largo put things in mind, at least, a lot clearer, in another thread. Explaining that we will finish ahead of the skins at the end of the season if we have the same record:

Yes, the higher the number the stronger the schedule. Basically right now we are tied at around .506 SoS. We will play the Bengals who are 0-11, and the Eagles, the Giants, the Jets, and the Patriots. The Redskins will play the Packers, the Panthers, the Giants, the Cowboys and the Eagles.
We will both play the Giants and the Eagles, so those will cancel out. That leaves:

MIA - Patriots (10-1), Jets (4-7), Bengals (0-11) Remaining Opponents Record: 14-19 or 14/33 or .424
WAS - Packers (8-3), Cowboys (6-6), Panthers (5-6) Remaining Opponents Record: 19-15 or 19/34 or .559

If we end up with same record as Redskins, 2-14, Skins have no shot to jump us in Tankathon standings because they will ultimately end up with a stronger SoS. And the main reason is we still have to play the Bengals.

I believe we already had the 4th pick prior to yesterday, yesterday just unfortunately furthered our SOS lead. Ultimately we want to lose our and for the jets/bills and pats to lose as much as possible. Also want the whole nfc east to win as much. Fortunately we still play the giants and eagles so we can add 4 games onto their SOS with losses. Also pray for a bengals miracle over the jets this week and then this thing really gets interesting because bengals have a very high SOS

No, two weeks ago we did. Washington's win last week moved us up to 3rd. Trust me, I do a mock draft every day :)

If Miami has an identical record with any team it is safe to assume the Dolphins will be picking after that team.

Currently the Dolphins will have 46-22 factored in to their SOS based on divisional play. The other two teams that are 2-9 like Miami (Washington and Giants) will have 26-42 factored into their SOS as of now for divisional play.

If Miami is serious about building through the draft it would definitely be in their best interest to not win another game this year.
At least the Giants won’t take a QB.

I've read a few things strongly suggesting they take a LT, so Young may be there at 3.

Still way too early to say anything for sure.
I can't believe how much they invested in Jones. I hope they take Thomas. Giants plz take thomas!

Wait 2 weeks before the end of the offical season.
Things are way too dynamic right now.

Back
Top Bottom