1) Rodgers
2) Ronnie Brown
3) Kyle Orton late in 2nd round
4) Chris Henry
5) Atari Bigbi
6) Stephan LeFors (SP?)
7 and 8) ROnnie Brown

Best thread I've seen in two months here

Allows for multiple opinions on various topics without filler junk like projected trades. In other words, about 1000 X the value of the mock draft threads. No wonder there are few responses so far.

Now if I could only remember the questions.

Bust: Aaron Rodgers. In the sense he will never threaten greatness. A late comer as a top prospect. A mediocre athlete. Overly mechanical. Throws short far too often, which is suicidal in the NFL.

Best Player: Mike Williams. I still have connections at USC and they are in awe of Williams. That campus is flooded with football talent right now and the past few years, but friends who have worked there 20+ years say it's still Mike Williams and Reggie Bush on one level, everyone else a significant cut below. Best horse in the barn for a year = great value first time out.

Steal: David Pollack. He should be a top 5 pick based on instincts and production, but the size/speed/position nonsense will allow him to fall.

Sleeper: Talib Humphrey, FB Miami. I am literally shocked there has not been more discussion on this guy, especially given the likelihood many Dolphin fans follow the Canes. There are people in the UM program who think Humphrey could have been a Canes great if he had played four years in the program with good health. On some FB listings I've seen, he doesn't crack the top 10 or 20. Preposterous.

Late Round Prospect: Stephan LeFors. Although I'm not sure it will be as late as others project. A winner. Awesome wheels. Great touch and timing on his throws. Better arm than many think. Height is somewhat overrated in an NFL QB. I do sports stats for a living and passes batted down are almost negligible.

Saban Should Take: Alex Smith. You need to gamble on greatness at QB and you won't get another crack at #2. Feeley is nothing.

Saban Will Take: I have NO idea. I don't pretend to be able to guess someone else's opinion, which is all these mock drafts amount to.

How could any Buckeye fan call a Michigan player a bust?

Edwards could be the best player in the draft.

Awsi Dooger said:
Bust: Aaron Rodgers. In the sense he will never threaten greatness. A late comer as a top prospect. A mediocre athlete. Overly mechanical. Throws short far too often, which is suicidal in the NFL.

We must define "bust" differently, because I don't consider a top ten player that turns out to be good but not great a bust. Rodgers might not end up one of the top 5 QBs in the game, but I think he'll definately be top 15... which is something we haven't had for quite some time.

Mediocre athlete? He's a better athlete than Manning or Rivers were last year. He's not going to rush for 400 yards, but he's got good feet in the pocket.

What exactly does "overly mechanical" mean? How does it keep him from being a better QB? What is the perfect level of mechanics and how does one become too mechanical? I believe Rodgers' mechanics are excellent and he has a very quick release. If you're complaining about his mechanics what did you think about Rivers or Carr when they came out?

Throws short too often is not suicide in the NFL. Throwing into double coverage, forcing throws that aren't there, and not taking advantage of what a defense is giving you is suicide. You have to throw short when you're throwing to 2 freshmen WRs that can't get open deep and have terrible hands. Last season Rodgers was throwing the ball up and down the field with great success and he's shown in the college all star challenge and his workouts that he's got a good arm and throws an accurate deep ball.

General Tso said:
We must define "bust" differently, because I don't consider a top ten player that turns out to be good but not great a bust. Rodgers might not end up one of the top 5 QBs in the game, but I think he'll definately be top 15... which is something we haven't had for quite some time.

Mediocre athlete? He's a better athlete than Manning or Rivers were last year. He's not going to rush for 400 yards, but he's got good feet in the pocket.

What exactly does "overly mechanical" mean? How does it keep him from being a better QB? What is the perfect level of mechanics and how does one become too mechanical? I believe Rodgers' mechanics are excellent and he has a very quick release. If you're complaining about his mechanics what did you think about Rivers or Carr when they came out?

Throws short too often is not suicide in the NFL. Throwing into double coverage, forcing throws that aren't there, and not taking advantage of what a defense is giving you is suicide. You have to throw short when you're throwing to 2 freshmen WRs that can't get open deep and have terrible hands. Last season Rodgers was throwing the ball up and down the field with great success and he's shown in the college all star challenge and his workouts that he's got a good arm and throws an accurate deep ball.

I got a kick out of that one. "Overly mechanical" :roflmao:

Steve S said:
How could any Buckeye fan call a Michigan player a bust?

Edwards could be the best player in the draft.

I'm telling you he won't do anything close to what everyone thinks, he is way too inconsistant to make it in the NFL. Somebody hold me to this, I guarantee it!!!

WCUgodsmacked13 said:
I'm telling you he won't do anything close to what everyone thinks, he is way too inconsistant to make it in the NFL. Somebody hold me to this, I guarantee it!!!

So are half of the best WRs that enter the NFL :rolleyes:

That's always a supposed knock.

Jaj said:
So are half of the best WRs that enter the NFL :rolleyes:

That's always a supposed knock.
i can respect that the only thing that I know is that I don't want to see him in a Dolphins uniform come next season

WCUgodsmacked13 said:
Everyone all ready knows who, we all think the Dolphins will draft come draft day. What I want to know is who do y'all think....
1) Who will be this years bust? (please only post someone who is a top ten prospect)
2) Who is the best player in the draft?
3) Who is a steal?
4) Who is day one sleeper?
5) Who is your day 2 sleeper? (Like Will Poole was last year)
6) Best late round prospect?
7) Who would u take if u were Saban?
8) Who do u think Saban will take, if we stay at 2?

1. Carlos Rogers and Derrick Johnson.
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Luis Castillo, Shaun Cody, Troy Williamson, and Ciatrick Fason should all be drafted much higher than they'll probably go (Cody and Williamson should go higher in round 1 than they will, while Castillo and Fason should be late first round picks IMO).
4. Chris Canty and Ben Wilkerson will both slide to the 3rd (maybe 4th) because of their injuries. If either stays healthy they'll have a chance to be very good.
5. Ellis Hobbs will be a very good nickel/dime back and special teamer.
6. Junior Rosegreen is better than many of the safeties that will be taken before him.
7. Rodgers if there, trade down or Braylon Edwards otherwise (slight nod over Ronnie Brown simply because this draft is so deep at RB).
8. Doesn't everyone want Saban to have the same opinion that they do about what's best for Miami at #2? I'd like to think he'll draft Rodgers or Edwards, but no one knows what he'll do.

Back
Top Bottom