Draft Prospect Visits | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Prospect Visits

With Miami bringing in Hollins and Banogu, it confirms that Flores wants a D similar in style to NE. This isn't shocking news, but you never know. It also points to Grier working well with Flores, bringing in guys that make sense.

Of course, we have to see who they actually draft. Said it elsewhere, but Offense would be my priority, and I'd be looking at picking up a DB or two and a guy like Hollins or Crosby in the 3rd-5th range.

Im still thinking the reverse, D early and O later, but hey that’s what makes it fun to watch!

More importantly hopefully they ‘hit’ on like 2-3 players in rds 1-5., no matter what side of the ball. If we miss in this draft it will put enormous pressure on 2020 to hit beyond normal expectations of a typical successful draft year- based on history.

Banogu, is listed at 249lbs, but in that video, he looks and plays like he's 220lbs. He flies around the field. With Elliott and Holmes recently signed, it's looking like the new regime prefers their OLB's in that 250lb range. I sense a more physical defense coming to Miami?

Banogu, is listed at 249lbs, but in that video, he looks and plays like he's 220lbs. He flies around the field. With Elliott and Holmes recently signed, it's looking like the new regime prefers their OLB's in that 250lb range. I sense a more physical defense coming to Miami?

In a lot of ways yes. Miami's D under Burke was basically reliant on beating your man one on one and with speed and it didnt work. The whole belief was the d could be great as long as the DL won. Not a way to go. This D will also be more diverse

Is it me or has Miami brought in, more LB's than any other position in this draft? I saw something about edge rushers being 13 or 14 players brought in. But LB seems to a position they are concentrating on as well?

Keep in mind from time to time we'll line up on a 3-4 defense so your LB's need to be bigger to take on the O-line.

Im still thinking the reverse, D early and O later, but hey that’s what makes it fun to watch!

More importantly hopefully they ‘hit’ on like 2-3 players in rds 1-5., no matter what side of the ball. If we miss in this draft it will put enormous pressure on 2020 to hit beyond normal expectations of a typical successful draft year- based on history.

I have the opposite belief. It's a "deep" draft on defense, which means you can afford to wait to get some guys later on because there's not going to be a ton of drop off.

Whereas for the offensive line group, there's a steeeeeeeep dropoff after the 2 rounds. If you want a quality offensive lineman, you're going to likely need to take one in the first two rounds.

Is it me or has Miami brought in, more LB's than any other position in this draft? I saw something about edge rushers being 13 or 14 players brought in. But LB seems to a position they are concentrating on as well?

Miami doesn't have any LB's who fit the Hightower or Van Noy role. Hollins and Banogu do (Van Noy). If Flores wants to run something that resembles NE's D, Miami needs those pieces, so it makes sense that they're looking at so many LB's.

Entire defense really. Gotta remember our scheme is changing drastically we are going from a pretty vanilla scheme in terms of looks and coverages to more disguises... we also will likely use more dine and quarter packages

After reading the outstanding responses to post in this thread, it only makes me think, more strongly, Miami will try to trade down in this draft. Too many players and so little selections. I realize they signed a few promising players from the AAF, but they may only turn out, to be good enough for depth? Perhaps more? But if Miami some how ends up with 2 of the many LB's they've called into HQ, the transition to the Flores style defense gets much easier. Hopefully Miami can somehow acquire another 2nd and 3rd round pick; increasing their chances of getting some of these players they seem to be targeting?

All I know is, I'm tired of these 6'0" 225-230 pound linebackers. We need more size and physicality instead of these undersized guys who get trampled vs. the run.

After reading the outstanding responses to post in this thread, it only makes me think, more strongly, Miami will try to trade down in this draft. Too many players and so little selections. I realize they signed a few promising players from the AAF, but they may only turn out, to be good enough for depth? Perhaps more? But if Miami some how ends up with 2 of the many LB's they've called into HQ, the transition to the Flores style defense gets much easier. Hopefully Miami can somehow acquire another 2nd and 3rd round pick; increasing their chances of getting some of these players they seem to be targeting?
I look at the players from the AAF similarly to undrafted free agents. A few could make it and hopefully contribute. I do think Miami could trade down and get more picks. That seems to make a lot of sense if there's a taker out there. I could see a few teams trading up, or wanting to trade up, if one of the top four quarterbacks is there. That's where things could get dicey if the Dolphins are also interested in one or more of the qb's from this group.

Unless it's Haskins, I think Miami should stick to their guns and build the foundation. As the team stands right now, there aren't any quality defensive ends on the roster. If you can find those in the third round or later and concentrate on the offensive line great. If not, I think that may have to be had in one of the first two rounds.

Dude looks like a straight up rush LB!

I love 'em when they know how to attack the QB!

You guys over here are really draft mavens!

Thanks for the cookies.

Rush lb is exactly what came to my mind. I think I might be seeing more Jamie Collins though in terms of high level athlete. Explosive cat. Better athlete than van noy. I see a lot of wants to get upfield and penetrate on that. And games to free him up for clean looks to the qb where the click and close explosion athlete can show off.

I’m not sure I see the off the los lb ask stuff although I do see what looks like some responsible for an area accountability. Would like more looks at actual off the los play. See if I see more off ball lb instincts in his game and poa fill play.

More meat on the bone than Hollins in terms of ceiling.

Some aspects look a little raw relative to the athlete. That’s easy to coin as upside but if they don’t develop you end up potentially underwhelming. Full game looks would probably give me a better read.

In terms of rush lb for the scheme however ask I’d say for the upfield rush part that looks pretty ideal. Not a 43 de not a 34 olb but a rush lb who is a high level athlete yet raw enough with other aspects of his overall game where maybe you get him on a very good value draft asset wise.

Last edited:
If I truly want to create my pass rush with scheme that’s the kind of thing that I want to be looking at. Although I’m gonna need to have some poa players around it.

I think something like that is more ideal than say a winovich who I see as a a 34 olb ask ideal where off the los would be a lot more projection and banking on the awareness and player smarts.

Whereas with this kid I can bank on tbe atblete maybe doing a little more offset and not expecting him to win iso one on one with a tackle for instance over and over. Scheme him to the qb and let the close athlete finish when flushed or run down in space.

Plus I just don’t expect us to have enough 34 snaps to validate with a true 34 olb. Pats only had 13 in 2018. So if I’m drafting winovich he’s gonna have to also give me off ball lb play and “rush lb”

I just think it’s less than ideal return on my investment value wise. Assuming it would be a day 2 asset. Which I think it would have to be.

Last edited:
Miami doesn't have any LB's who fit the Hightower or Van Noy role. Hollins and Banogu do (Van Noy). If Flores wants to run something that resembles NE's D, Miami needs those pieces, so it makes sense that they're looking at so many LB's.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Chase Allen make strides with this new FO. I feel like he has the physicality and IQ to be a starter.

Back
Top Bottom