Draft prospects worth the 18th overall pick for the Miami Dolphins | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft prospects worth the 18th overall pick for the Miami Dolphins

In order of preference:

1. Waddle/Pitts
2. Rousseau
3. Slater
4. Darrisaw
5. Vera-Tucker

If we don't pick a WR with 1a then my short list at 18 is simple: Waddle, Bateman, Marshall.

I'd also be good with Najee. I prefer him at 36 but know he won't make it. I just think from a value perspective I'd rather spend 50 on Javonte Williams than 18 on Najee.

Zero chance they take another TE- especially since Pitts cant block.
Drafting UM players is never a good idea. Barmore from Bama is better value and more NFL ready due to coaching.
Slater would be the best pick by far at 18.
Bateman/ Marshall are not 1st round values.
Harris is fair value but Williams is great value in round 2.

I never actually watch the combine... any more than I watch a track meet... yawn...

I do look up the results at the end of the day.
Me too.

I would never watch but some of the info is quite useful.

Legit heights and weights, some of the drills and of course hand size!

But how will the Raiders know who to over draft without legit 40 times?

I love watching the position drills. You get to see which guys can sink their hips, flip their hips, basically movement skills

Regarding N Harris: I dont see Derrick Henry here. I see a guy caught from behind by DBs. When Henry breaks into the clear, it's a TD. I dont see that with Harris.
But, his 40 time will show that as well and maybe Ill stand corrected.
Dang. We'll have to settle for 15 and 20 yard runs only.

In order of preference:

1. Waddle/Pitts
2. Rousseau
3. Slater
4. Darrisaw
5. Vera-Tucker

If we don't pick a WR with 1a then my short list at 18 is simple: Waddle, Bateman, Marshall.

I'd also be good with Najee. I prefer him at 36 but know he won't make it. I just think from a value perspective I'd rather spend 50 on Javonte Williams than 18 on Najee.
I know Miami doesn't need a tight end, but I love Pitts. Besides Smith, he may be the biggest mismatch in the passing game.

I know Miami doesn't need a tight end, but I love Pitts. Besides Smith, he may be the biggest mismatch in the passing game.
Tua needs weapons in the passing game. If they can't do that in R1 with a WR then I have no problem with Pitts.

He is a clone of the Waller kid in Vegas.He is going to be a huge match up problem in the NFL whether he blocks or not.

Tua needs weapons in the passing game. If they can't do that in R1 with a WR then I have no problem with Pitts.

He is a clone of the Waller kid in Vegas.He is going to be a huge match up problem in the NFL whether he blocks or not.
100% agree Jim!

I don't know anything about the player. Nothing. But as soon as I saw his name surface in the Draft Forum and then all the hype I immediately cringed. IMO, there is far too much desperation to unearth players in lower level programs as opposed to understanding that the elite programs have tons of mega talented guys and that's where the surprise booms are most likely to come from.

Even if he does boom it's likely to take more time and patience than you expect, like the Reddick kid from Temple.

A wide receiver from LSU contributing immediately is not a surprise.
I expect both Chase and Marshall from LSU to make some noise in the pros. Too many excuses to knock them down. They'll make plays, may not be burners; but suspect will have better pro careers than other touted players.

I expect both Chase and Marshall from LSU to make some noise in the pros. Too many excuses to knock them down. They'll make plays, may not be burners; but suspect will have better pro careers than other touted players.
I think they're both high floor guys. Check all the boxes, hard to see them not being at least good, unless they get injured.

Back
Top Bottom