Draft Question | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Question

Agent51

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Three or four different mocks on http://www.footballsfuture.com/2006/mock.html have Jay Cutler falling all the way to Minnesota at #17 (including "Football's Future", "4 Round Forum Mock", and "The Draft Notebook"). Now, and I ask this HYPOTHETICALLY, so we don't need a bunch of "he will never fall that far" replies, but say he DOES, would we take him at 16 and groom him behind Culpepper, or do you think we'd pass on him. Again, I KNOW it is probably pretty unlikely that he will fall to us at 16/Minn at 17, so we don't need all the "he will neevr fall that far so it doesn't matter" replies. I am asking hypothetically speaking, assuming he is there, what do we do, take him or not.

The only I would take Cutler at this point is so I could trade him later for player(s) or draft picks. We are not San Diego and don't need the potential problems it may cause.

Culpepper should be our QB for the next 5-7 years.

I think we would use him to get more draft picks and move down.

i dont think we take him but use him as a way of trading down. someone like kansas city i think would try to move up and take him with green being 35.

Only way we'd take him would be to hold him hostage and force a draft day trade with another team, probably Minnesota

I think we work a deal to trade down if Cutler is there....maybe with Denver...they could use someone to backup up Plummer....Brad Van Pelt is ok as the #2 in Denver but Cutler is better....we could take Denver's late first round and another pick from them.

Wow, one of those has QB and TE as a need for us. It was updated today too.

As much as I like Cutler, you would have to use him as trade down bait at this point. And if he is there, someone will definitely deal.

Why not take him and use him for trade bait down the road? Look at Atlanta and Schaub. Look at the offers San Diego supposedly got for Rivers.

MoTown Finman said:
Why not take him and use him for trade bait down the road? Look at Atlanta and Schaub. Look at the offers San Diego supposedly got for Rivers.

Because we could very likely get an offer for him now and we could use more picks with such a deep draft.

Back
Top Bottom