Draft question: | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft question:

colmax

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I know a team is given 15 minutes (I think in only the first three rounds) to draft a player. If a trade of pick is made, does the 15 minutes restart for the team that got the pick? I was just wondering. It would make sense to do that, but I'm really not sure how the NFL works.

colmax said:
I know a team is given 15 minutes (I think in only the first three rounds) to draft a player. If a trade of pick is made, does the 15 minutes restart for the team that got the pick? I was just wondering. It would make sense to do that, but I'm really not sure how the NFL works.

yes the new team gets 15 minutes.

colmax said:
No, because, it's the pick not the team that belongs in a particular time slot. With that said, teams that make a trade usually pick right away. Also, the NFL is rather lenient with the clock, especially during a trade situation.

LostInPatsLand said:
No, because, it's the pick not the team that belongs in a particular time slot. With that said, teams that make a trade usually pick right away. Also, the NFL is rather lenient with the clock, especially during a trade situation.

actually I believe the new team gets a fresh clock....of course I've been wrong already once this year...so..... :wink:

as soon as the trade officially happens , the new team is on, with a fresh clock, but only the 1st round is 15 minutes though, 2nd round is 10 minutes and 3rd is 5 minutes, i think

Al13 said:
as soon as the trade officially happens , the new team is on, with a fresh clock, but only the 1st round is 15 minutes though, 2nd round is 10 minutes and 3rd is 5 minutes, i think
3 to 1. I guess I'm probably wrong. I swear, however, from years of overwatching the draft that the clock continues...Anyway it's not really much of an issue because the new team usually picks right away.
1st round-15 min
2nd round-10 min
3rd round-5 min

Back
Top Bottom