Draft Rumors | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Rumors

ChambersWI

Going Ghost
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Just giving a centralized place for different draft tidbits.

People around the league are convinced that Marcus Mariota is going 2nd overall, the question is to who. The Titans are reportedly starting to fall in love with him after getting to know him, but there are teams looking to move up to take the Oregon QB. 2 teams trying the hardest? Philadelphia and San Diego. Phillip Rivers has been vocal about not signing an extension with San Diego, and there have been internal discussions about trading him to Tennessee as part of a package to move up to number 2.

While many feel that Leonard Williams is the top defensive player in the draft, it sounds as though Jacksonville is focusing more on an edge rusher. The favorite right now is Dante Fowler but the Jags do like Shane Ray. If the Jags do take an edge rusher look for the Raiders to jump at Williams. If the draft falls like that, sounds like the Redskins would not hesitate to take Amari Cooper.

No surprise but the Jets and Giants are both reportedly all in on getting pass rushers. A name linked with both is Randy Gregory. Both New York teams, Atlanta, and Chicago are all teams that reportedly aren't worried at all about his failed drug test.

Chicago also reportedly loves Vic Beasley. If Chicago takes a pass rusher, it could be an interesting day for Danny Shelton.

If you want a circus, look at the Browns they are another team looking to trade up for Mariota. Also they're reportedly trying to get the Eagles to trade them Sam Bradford.

A lot of people would not be shocked if Garrett Grayson is the 3rd QB taken... some also feel he could sneak into round 1.

Some feel that Marcus Peters still has a chance at round 1.

if Shelton falls to 14th how do we not take him? Unless they see something in Mitchell nobody else sees

Suh and Danny Shelton playing side-by-side should be banished by the comish and treated as an unfair advantage by Miami!! Can you imagine the havoc? Malcolm Brown is just as disruptive too!!

I would love to see the Fins double on DT and grab Shelton should he fall.

The run D would be much improved(helping whoever the MLB is going to be)and they would get great push up the middle, which is the most disruptive was to rush a pocket passer.

Suh and Danny Shelton playing side-by-side should be banished by the comish and treated as an unfair advantage by Miami!! Can you imagine the havoc? Malcolm Brown is just as disruptive too!!
That is one of the most intriguing scenarios for Miami. It's a great draft for defensive tackles. I also like Eddie Goldman, who I think is being a bit underrated. I wonder if the Dolphins could trade down to around #20 and still get Goldman?

If Cooper falls to 5, I kinda like our chances of getting DeVante Parker at 14.. If he falls in to our lap, it will be hard to pass up.

I think it is going to depend on whether or not Vikings take him (Parker). Any rumors about who Minnesota is targeting? What are other positions of needs they could choose to address? CB?

If Cooper falls to 5, I kinda like our chances of getting DeVante Parker at 14.. If he falls in to our lap, it will be hard to pass up.

I think it is going to depend on whether or not Vikings take him (Parker). Any rumors about who Minnesota is targeting? What are other positions of needs they could choose to address? CB?

I think minny takes another athletic defender like last year, that's what Zim is there to do, build a defense.

And I think Oakland will draft Kevin White.

Don't forget Oklahoma DT Jordan Phillips. He's 6'5 3/8" 327 pounds and some scouts think he has the biggest upside of any DT in the draft. He will be picked in Round 1 and the Dolphins flew him to Miami for a personal meeting and workout.

Sounds good to me. Shelton wouldn't bother me one bit.

If we go Shelton/Brown, Cooper/White/Parker, Waynes/Peters, Kendricks or Scherff and I wouldn't be upset. Anyone other than that, with the exception of maaaybe Gurley, and I would not be too pleased.

I think it's almost a certainty that Shelton falls to Miami and continues falling. The 40 is overrated, but teams do use it as a cutoff, and in recent seasons, the slowest 40 for a DT taken in the 1st round was Michael Brocker's 5.36. Shelton, of course, ran a 5.64. Of course, the immediate reaction will be, 'Well, he's a NT, so you don't care how fast he runs.' It's true that if you're drafting a guy to just clog things up, you don't care how fast he runs (to some extent), but you don't draft those guys in the 1st round. The 40 time indicates that Shelton is too slow to impact the passing game, and any 1st round pick should do that. I like the idea of looking for a pass rusher or a DT in the 1st, because the talent is good at those positions. I'd prefer Carl Davis or Malcom Brown to Shelton, but I'd favor Davis. I have Goldman as more of a late 1st, but I'd also favor him to Shelton.

As a prospect, I'd say Carl Davis is like Michael Brockers with Ra'Shede Hageman's physical tools. On passing sets, I don't see teams doubling Shelton consistently - playing next to Suh - and I don't see Shelton as having the physical tools to make teams pay for blocking him 1-on-1. I don't think teams would/could do the same thing with Carl Davis. He'd presents a quandary for opposing teams, and I think he and Suh would make for the most dominant DT combo in the NFL by Davis' 2nd season.

I think when it comes to Shelton you are looking more 34 nose Casey Hampton like...this isn't dontari Poe like athlete

Shelton is overweight henceforth overrated. Think Paul soliai as fourth rounder who was same weight and didn't get more in shape till 3rd season. Shelton will play half the time. Nothing has shown differently from his bowl game to senior bowl imo. I would rather get a guy like. Xavier Williams in round 6. DT is not a position that requires thinking and as much skill as other positions.

Thoughts on Xavier Cooper?

Love Cooper, but, because of his size and lack of length, he's confined to a 3-tech, which is where you want Suh. As a result, you're looking at a guy who would only play when Suh is off the field or in obvious passing situations. For the right team, though, I think he's worth a 1st. He'll be a disruptive player against the run and pass. Very fast and quick. Great athlete.

Not really a rumor so much as a thought, but if the Vikings really do trade Adrian Peterson away -- which I consider likely -- then Gurley @11 becomes a possibility, if not a probability.

Back
Top Bottom