Draft Rumors | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Rumors

But it is worth noting that a few agents aren't happy how Gruden's camp has magnified their clients weaknesses. .. funny ENOUGH Notre Dame still blames Gruden for Clausen falling and sucking...

Yep the reason Gruden did that was because it was known Jimmy was basically a arrogant prick, and most people didn't like him at ND. Gruden didn't specifically say that, but he definitely called Clausen out hard for doing whatever he wanted while at ND.

PFF has there new show on NBC Sports. So far it's decent. Chris Collinsworth invested a lot of $ in PFF so he's in show too. Ive always liked How he explains things.

Yep the reason Gruden did that was because it was known Jimmy was basically a arrogant prick, and most people didn't like him at ND. Gruden didn't specifically say that, but he definitely called Clausen out hard for doing whatever he wanted while at ND.

Hmm color me intrigued. I didn't watch this so will definitely check it out.

Oh yeah I know all about Clausen and Gruden absolutely called him out for being a jackass. Jimmy also bought into his own hype as back then the top guy in recruiting was Tom Lemming (huge ND homer) while Rivals and Scout were still young. He called Jimmy the best recruit since John Elway. Jimmy also was on a loaded HS team.

Players who are still rising? Phillip Dorsett, Cam Irving, and Kevin Johnson. Many teams feel they'll be off the board by 20

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2445655-2015-nfl-draft-matt-millers-final-scouting-notebook

Some of the better tidbits:

— The Oakland Raiders are a wild card in the first round, and sources with the team tell me coaches in Oakland have fallen in love with Alabama wide receiver Amari Cooper. If he's on the board with pick No. 4, he could be a surprise option over USC defensive lineman Leonard Williams.

— How do the Browns feel about Mariota? I spoke with a coach who couldn't go on record and asked him to describe Mariota with one word. "Outstanding" was his reply.

— The Philadelphia Eagles are being connected to Central Florida wide receiver Breshad Perriman, per several general managers I spoke with this week. I was reminded that head coach/general manager Chip Kelly loves speed, and Perriman's 4.26 40-yard dash has put him in the first-round conversation.

Oh yeah I know all about Clausen and Gruden absolutely called him out for being a jackass. Jimmy also bought into his own hype as back then the top guy in recruiting was Tom Lemming (huge ND homer) while Rivals and Scout were still young. He called Jimmy the best recruit since John Elway. Jimmy also was on a loaded HS team.

Clausen showed up to his national signing day press conference in a limo...I'd say he was leading the charge for his own hype.

Clausen showed up to his national signing day press conference in a limo...I'd say he was leading the charge for his own hype.

My friend still talks about that and his hate for Clausen lol. Hops out of the limo with his rings and trying to look all fancy. He's a waste of a roster space

"@OmarKelly: And for the record, the Dolphins have conducted their draft plans with the understanding Dion Jordan wasn't going to be a factor for months."

This doesn't surprise me, but does make me wonder if pass rusher early is a bigger want than we may have thought before.

"@OmarKelly: And for the record, the Dolphins have conducted their draft plans with the understanding Dion Jordan wasn't going to be a factor for months."

This doesn't surprise me, but does make me wonder if pass rusher early is a bigger want than we may have thought before.

i dont think so...think it will be wake vernon shelby and fede as the 2 deep de...think it's more about finding a mike and now we need one that can also play in the sub...i could see a day 3 de maybe but i dont think it will happen barring acquiring a lot of picks in the first 2 days...as in trading way out and landing a ransom in return

I agree with hoops. Maybe all those people around here mocking a TE to us will start mocking a DE instead lol. Of course they were mocking a TE when it wasn't even a need to I guess it won't make a difference.

Theres something hilarious about watching actual former NFL GMs have to listen to Todd McShay's opinion. The look on there face sometimes says it all.

I agree with hoops. Maybe all those people around here mocking a TE to us will start mocking a DE instead lol. Of course they were mocking a TE when it wasn't even a need to I guess it won't make a difference.

I think TE is one position we won't draft with Cameron and Sims. I think there is a more likely we would even take a QB late in the draft over a TE.

It should have been even before this with Wake getting older and Vernon about to be overpaid by us or somebody else.

It should have been even before this with Wake getting older and Vernon about to be overpaid by us or somebody else.

Bothers me that people fail to understand this. Our depth at DE is incredibly overrated. After Wake, we don't have any high-level pass rusher. Vernon is just solid. He's an effort rusher who benefits a lot from Wake being on the field. Edge rushers are usually very difficult to find. In 2014, Jonathan Newsome led all Edge rookies with 6.5 sacks. Mack, Barr, and Ealy each had 4. The 2015 Edge class is much better - particularly rushing the passer. If one of Beasley, Dupree, or Gregory is there at 14, that's my pick. You can't have enough pass rushers, and Miami isn't in any danger of testing the merit of that adage.

It's also very hard to find high-level Edge players outside the first round. Unless you get a Justin Houston, who smoked himself into the 3rd, you're looking at complimentary players after the 1st. Frank Clark could be this year's Justin Houston, but I think the concerns with his character are a lot greater. Outside of Owa, who may also go in the 1st, the only other guy I like as a potential All Pro Edge is Shaq Riddick. Clark's a great fit and a true 4-3 DE. The team whiffed on Jordan. They didn't assess him correctly as a player, person, or athlete. The need for what he was supposed to be is still there. I don't understand how people can look at this class, which is easily the best Edge class since 2011 - may prove to be better - and not want a piece of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom