Draft Rumors | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Rumors

As I said before. CLark was really developing into a dominant force during last year's fiasco of a season for MIchigan, arguably only Bosa was a better DE in the conference than him. Then he had his domestic issues.

I came across this yesterday, and they cover a lot of Fowler's issues. Spoiler for hoops, if he watches, you're not going to come away from this thinking Fowler has better hands than Gregory. As a note, I don't always agree with Waldman or his guests, but he does a great job in general (Emory Hunt does the Ty Montgomery clip with him), and Dan Hatman clearly knows what he's doing/what he's looking for.

Keep in mind that Fowler tested as a below average athlete for his position, so you don't have this immense upside waiting for you. I think they could have done a better job of spelling that out in the video, but they let you know every time he ****s the bed.

[video=youtube;k5X1a0x4JUE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5X1a0x4JUE[/video]

according to Tony Pauline, Andrus PEat won't make it out of the top 10, Rams supposedly will take him if he falls, while the Jets are also very high on him.

While everybody assumes the Giants are looking at OL, many around the league would not be surprised if they trade up for Dante Fowler or Leonard Williams if they get past 4.

Not a rumor but an interesting stat. Onle 2 teams in the league have not taken a CB in the first round since 1998. Those teams are KC and Pittsburgh

Cardinals, Jags, and Bucs are all looking into potential trades for Adrian Peterson.

Shane Ray may fall as some teams feel he will need foot surgery. Dallas is one of the teams that took him off their board, but other teams feel that surgery is not needed.

Do not be surprised if Kevin Johnson goes higher than most project.

Another guy who could go higher? Stephone Anthony. Rumors are several teams in the later part of round 1 have him ranked as the top ILB.

The Pats are looking at guard options. Supposedly the 2 they like the most are AJ Cann and Laken Tomlinson

according to Tony Pauline, Andrus PEat won't make it out of the top 10, Rams supposedly will take him if he falls, while the Jets are also very high on him.

A little surprised teams are so high on Peat. Too awkward to trust - to me.

While everybody assumes the Giants are looking at OL, many around the league would not be surprised if they trade up for Dante Fowler or Leonard Williams if they get past 4.

If I were a Giants fan, that'd be close to worst-case scenario.

Not a rumor but an interesting stat. Onle 2 teams in the league have not taken a CB in the first round since 1998. Those teams are KC and Pittsburgh

Cardinals, Jags, and Bucs are all looking into potential trades for Adrian Peterson.

From those teams, I can see the value for the Cards and Bucs (assuming they draft Winston), but I think Bortles is too far away to give up picks for Peterson.

Shane Ray may fall as some teams feel he will need foot surgery. Dallas is one of the teams that took him off their board, but other teams feel that surgery is not needed.

Would not draft Ray in the first two rounds.

Do not be surprised if Kevin Johnson goes higher than most project.

I'd set his ceiling at 11 with Minnesota, but I'd guess he lands with Houston at 16.

Another guy who could go higher? Stephone Anthony. Rumors are several teams in the later part of round 1 have him ranked as the top ILB.

For a 3-4 team, I think he and McKinney look like the best options, so that doesn't surprise me. He could easily go to GB. They're big on athletic testing.

The Pats are looking at guard options. Supposedly the 2 they like the most are AJ Cann and Laken Tomlinson

I think the board is sleeping a bit on Cann as a potential option at 47. He should be a day-1 starter. I don't think he's getting to the end of the 2nd round, so if NE wants him, they'll probably draft him at 32. That, or they'll take either of Cann or Tomlinson if they slide.

Good stuff, Chambers!

I like Mariota far more than manziel. Bigger, faster, and has a quick release. And is no spoiled entitled rich kid with a cocaine habit.

Mariotas quick release IMO is being incredibly under appreciated.

Defenses have very little time to react to Mariota especially in Chips system, which is why chip wants him so bad. as a defense you'll have to gamble a lot vs him, and no matter how good you defense is, your going to pay multiple times per game with big plays.

I finally saw Gruden's quarterback camp with Mariota. Talk about a mixed bag. Mariota was miles the worst they've ever had in the introductory segment. No effort at all. Gruden said Mariota was on the verge of putting him to sleep with all the one-word answers. IMO, Gruden really should have taken it further than that. This show has been on the air for years as a known quantity. Invariably the player is familiar with the format and is enthusiastic to be there. Mariota acted like he was being charged with a crime and didn't want to divulge anything. Unfortunately the pre draft coverage in general is overly happy talk so there is very little criticism, which Mariota deserved in bunches.

On the other hand, once they got to the practice field Mariota looked incredibly smooth, natural and effective. Larger than my impression of him. Maybe he'll come out of his shell once he matures and becomes more comfortable with the spotlight. But if he's drafted into a major city with heavy media pressure and expectations, they're going to go nuts at Mariota's lack of material for them.

The point about Manziel being small is a good one. Every year some of these guys look different in pro uniforms than in college. I never know who it's going to be. Manziel in his few appearances seemed small and limited. His arm isn't great to begin with. Release gets lower all the time. Teams took away his roll outs left, which he prefers. With Manziel it's more about upping his game to fit the pro level than dealing with the off field issues.

I finally saw Gruden's quarterback camp with Mariota. Talk about a mixed bag. Mariota was miles the worst they've ever had in the introductory segment. No effort at all. Gruden said Mariota was on the verge of putting him to sleep with all the one-word answers. IMO, Gruden really should have taken it further than that. This show has been on the air for years as a known quantity. Invariably the player is familiar with the format and is enthusiastic to be there. Mariota acted like he was being charged with a crime and didn't want to divulge anything. Unfortunately the pre draft coverage in general is overly happy talk so there is very little criticism, which Mariota deserved in bunches.

On the other hand, once they got to the practice field Mariota looked incredibly smooth, natural and effective. Larger than my impression of him. Maybe he'll come out of his shell once he matures and becomes more comfortable with the spotlight. But if he's drafted into a major city with heavy media pressure and expectations, they're going to go nuts at Mariota's lack of material for them.

The point about Manziel being small is a good one. Every year some of these guys look different in pro uniforms than in college. I never know who it's going to be. Manziel in his few appearances seemed small and limited. His arm isn't great to begin with. Release gets lower all the time. Teams took away his roll outs left, which he prefers. With Manziel it's more about upping his game to fit the pro level than dealing with the off field issues.

Maybe Gruden had a hard time getting any knowledge out of Mariota because the dirty little secret is Mariota and the Ducks are not smart enough to call any plays....they use these goofy play cards to signal in the play. This is probably why Mariota couldn't explain or diagram any plays.

View attachment 14686

and here's when people start hating NFL Draft Countdown and Scott Wright

http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/ILB.php

Wright hasn't put in the hard yards for years now. I remember in the early days of internet draftniks that he was one of the more thorough guys around, with long evals and regularly updated mock drafts. Not anymore. He had Shane Hallam working for him like two years ago but now that Shane's moved on Wright doesn't even put up a show of writing player descriptions. Last year as I recall there'd be like one or two per position. Now there's not even that. He mainly seems to keep the site up because people remember the name and along with the forum that's enough to pull in ad revenue. But even the forum is fading. Three or four years ago it was really vibrant. Now it's sputtering, predictably.

Oh, well. It's not like the internet lacks for draftniks and in depth work these days.

Mariota isn't a very public person, or outspoken. Being a good public speaker and good football player really don't have any relationship. And Gruden camp has been garbage IMO since tannehills draft. The agents have to much control over it now, the QBs that I've watched Gruden throw up soft ball questions to, while praising them, is ridiculous.

As for manziel, last year before the draft I compared him to a glorified Case Keenum. A lot of people thought I was crazy for that comparison, but they probably didn't watch Case in college in that same system. He lite it up, and did a lot of that same running around in circles for no damn reason and throwing the ball up. There the same player for the most part, except one got famous for his "Johnny football persona", while other one played for a lesser watched team.

Fun stuff in college, but doesn't work in the NFL. It really boggles my mind his many believers there were in Manziel. Absolutely nothing special about him.

Yeah, pretty much. I'd look a round earlier. Wouldn't devalue this year's prospects that much, but it's a group of role players. Kendricks easily a tier above if you're solely considering him on the weakside. Perryman would be decent value in the late second. None of these prospects compare to C.J. Mosley's skill set from a year ago. Teams will reach.

Mariota isn't a very public person, or outspoken. Being a good public speaker and good football player really don't have any relationship. And Gruden camp has been garbage IMO since tannehills draft. The agents have to much control over it now, the QBs that I've watched Gruden throw up soft ball questions to, while praising them, is ridiculous.

As for manziel, last year before the draft I compared him to a glorified Case Keenum. A lot of people thought I was crazy for that comparison, but they probably didn't watch Case in college in that same system. He lite it up, and did a lot of that same running around in circles for no damn reason and throwing the ball up. There the same player for the most part, except one got famous for his "Johnny football persona", while other one played for a lesser watched team.

Fun stuff in college, but doesn't work in the NFL. It really boggles my mind his many believers there were in Manziel. Absolutely nothing special about him.

That's a laughable assessment of Gruden's show. Anyone who can't see the value in it is desperate to take the Bar Stool route even when it doesn't threaten to apply. Gruden does a fantastic job in shifting focus, from old plays they never expected to see again to light moments to serious criticism they didn't anticipate. For years on forums like this I've noted that posters don't actually watch the episodes but that doesn't prevent them from commenting. We already had a post in this thread ripping Mariota for chalkboard performance. That wasn't it at all. He did fine there. It was much earlier during the introductory segment when he refused to participate at all, other than listening and the occasional one word response.

Quite a coincidence that the Gruden show declined sharply as soon as Tannehill's class was out of there. Funny how that works on a Dolphins forum.

Yeah, I notice the anti-Manziel crowd chirping lately.

That's a laughable assessment of Gruden's show. Anyone who can't see the value in it is desperate to take the Bar Stool route even when it doesn't threaten to apply. Gruden does a fantastic job in shifting focus, from old plays they never expected to see again to light moments to serious criticism they didn't anticipate. For years on forums like this I've noted that posters don't actually watch the episodes but that doesn't prevent them from commenting. We already had a post in this thread ripping Mariota for chalkboard performance. That wasn't it at all. He did fine there. It was much earlier during the introductory segment when he refused to participate at all, other than listening and the occasional one word response.

Quite a coincidence that the Gruden show declined sharply as soon as Tannehill's class was out of there. Funny how that works on a Dolphins forum.

Yeah, I notice the anti-Manziel crowd chirping lately.

If you like the .Gruden show thats fine, but the reason it hasn't been good since tannehills year is that year had a lot of high profile QBs, and it's when the show really took off. Gruden still went hard at the prospects. You don't see that anymore. I remember him basically laughing at RG3 when he said he ran a pro style in high school.

When is the last time you've seen Gruden go after a guy like he does here?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TGWT3s-s88&feature=youtube_gdata_player

He basically tells Tebow he's a damn FB. These days Gruden is talking up UDFA QBs like there future Dan Marinos, the show is pathetic now.

Personally I thought he did fine after Tanny's draft but he really hadn't had many qbs on to get excited about since.

But it is worth noting that a few agents aren't happy how Gruden's camp has magnified their clients weaknesses. .. funny ENOUGH Notre Dame still blames Gruden for Clausen falling and sucking...

More rumors... the Ras love Davante Parker but much like with Khalil Mack last year they may put the need to grab ol above the need for a differ position.

The Jets want to trade down. They are intrigued by Todd Gurley but they also want to upgrade the ol.

Houston wants to get a top wr but are refusing to part with their 2nd and 3rd round picks.

The Browns have Breshard Perriman as the number 2 WR in the draft.

Todd Gurley won't make it out of top 20

Personally I thought he did fine after Tanny's draft but he really hadn't had many qbs on to get excited about since.

But it is worth noting that a few agents aren't happy how Gruden's camp has magnified their clients weaknesses. .. funny ENOUGH Notre Dame still blames Gruden for Clausen falling and sucking...

More rumors... the Ras love Davante Parker but much like with Khalil Mack last year they may put the need to grab ol above the need for a differ position.

The Jets want to trade down. They are intrigued by Todd Gurley but they also want to upgrade the ol.

Houston wants to get a top wr but are refusing to part with their 2nd and 3rd round picks.

The Browns have Breshard Perriman as the number 2 WR in the draft.

Todd Gurley won't make it out of top 20

dont trust anything Chambers says.... he LOVES Stephone Anthony

Back
Top Bottom