Draft Thoughts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Thoughts

Dolfan4736

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hello all Dolfans,

Wanted to give my draft thoughts as draft day dawns.

QB: my opinion is the only QB truly worth drafting is Josh Rosen
All others have short comings or charecter concerns that are to risky.

ROSEN- is not only the purest passer he is most NFL ready.
My Red Flag... injury and desire
Has had shoulder surgery and 2 concussions, my biggest concern
With a player as thoughtful as Rosen, will he play long term through injuries?
Or does he retire early if he gets abused like a Tannehill.

Mayfield- maturity and compition
More concerned with a guy that runs from the police or cant keep his composure against an opponent.
The big 12 or whatever confrence name it has today they dont play defense. ....Mayfield is accurate however his deep ball fades and he isn't an. Elite athlete.
I question to what level Mayfield can rise to, assuming he matures and that is imo a big assumption.

Darnold and Allen- both to me are projects that might develop into starting QBs however I can easily see them never coming on.
Darnold is a mechanical mess and Allen has a slow processor and cant read defense.

Onto DT, LB, S

DT- I dont view this as a great need as others may however I feel that the highest rated player most likely will be DT when miami gets on the clock, I would suspect that miami may look first at trading with Washington, who is in love with Vea, if unable to trade fins might take Vea on value more than need.

LB- to me this LB is similar to the QB class overrated and flawed
Edmounds- physically is all you want and he is young However is raw and doesn't always play sound which is a concern for me
LB must be disciplined and he has alot of that to learn.
Smith- is a scheme player and only a weakside 4-3 OLB VERY limited in what you can do with him.
Makes wonderful plays sideline to sideline, but the NFL is about attacking weaknesses and teams will run at him till he is barfing in the endzone....not an elite talent imo.

S- Derwin James is a great leader not sure great competitor whispers about not playing hard when not put in postion he felt best, for miami he would project as a FS and of all he does he does this the least best, lol
So how much better are you and are you losing out on his best play if used at FS?, questionable if he is a fit.

Fitzpatrick- more of a FS than James, football junkie, hates making mistakes not perfect and physically not elite plus the bama abuse question always is there, imo next to Vea he would be a bpa pick and he might be on a slide.....look for a possible fins pick with Fitpatrick.

I really feel the draft has maybe 2 cant miss players Nelson and Barkley.

As for the Dolphins I have no real sense what they want to do or will do.....if I was pressed to guess a pick all things considered I think they draft Vita Vea and I am underwhelmed.

If I could wish a pick, its that Josh Rosen falls like a rock to 11 and Miami drafts him, he can sit behind Tannehill for as long as it takes...no pressure, no great expectations.

The notion a QB wont help miami win this season is irrelevant to me, I dont see Vea, Edmounds, smith, james, or Fitzpatrick elevating miami this year into SB contenders.
Yet finding a QB of the future is always worth drafting.

Just my thoughts dolfans...happy draft day!

Back
Top Bottom